Job Role: Maintenance Operative
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Salary: £4,633.20 per annum plus benefits
Job Sector: Retirement
Hours: Flexible working hours (10 hours per week)
As the maintenance operative, you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's Favourite Property Manager by:
• Demonstrating FirstPort values in all aspects of your work and communication, to develop strong relationships and enhance work quality.
• Ensuring the site is well maintained providing a clean and secure environment for residents and guests at all times.
• Supporting the Development Manager to keep health and safety standards to a maximum.
The maintenance operative reports directly into the Development Manager.
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 310,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,600 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,300 Resident Management Companies.
1. Provide general maintenance support to the Development.
2. Liaise with and provide access to authorised contractors and tradesmen, notifying the Development Manager of start / completion of work accordingly.
3. Report defects / incidents (either observed or reported) and take the corrective action after consultation with the Development Manager.
4. Carry out monthly emergency light system checks by consistent and regular testing and ensure monthly fire alarm checks are undertaken with Development Manager.
5. Maintain accurate records of maintenance / lighting issues.
6. Undertake any routine general repairs / refit door locks.
7. Ensure all tools are maintained and kept securely, only used by authorised personnel.
8. Pressure wash / clean bin stores on a weekly basis and ensure all footpaths and communal areas are kept clean and swept.
9. Carry out any touch up paint work in communal areas within the buildings, as and when required.
10. Carry out regular checks and maintenance of terrace areas, including watering plants.
Skills and Experience
1. Minimum of two years' experience in a maintenance operative position
2. Good experience of electrical and plumbing practices, an electrical related qualification would be an advantage
3. Understanding of Health and Safety regulations including COSHH and safe use of ladders
4. Confidence with the use of power tools and working at heights training would be an advantage
5. Confident, polite and courteous communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
6. Exceptional customer service experience, with the ability to work multi-task, prioritise and manage various task simultaneously
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive - We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful - We listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people's lives, and act with respect at all times.