- Location: Balham / Ealing & Working from home (hybrid)
- Application Deadline: 26 November 2023
- Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity to join Certitude as a Property Development Lead as we continue to grow as London’s leading adult social care provider.
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum (up to £70,000 with RICS qualification)
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Type: Permanent – full time
Department: Business Development
Location: Head Offices – Balham & Ealing with home working (hybrid)
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 25 days’ annual leave + bank holidays & enrolment onto a pension scheme
- 24-hour Employee Assistance
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers & Perkbox (employee benefits platform – for wellbeing and discounts)
- Travel season ticket loan & Cycle to work Scheme (eligible after 1 years’ service)
About the role
The Property Development Lead will ensure the successful development and delivery of new and refurbished properties for people with mental health support needs, learning disabilities and/or autism which meets people’s bespoke needs and local priorities.
Duties will include:
- Manage the development and delivery of new property and refurbishment projects from negotiation through the construction phase to occupation, including development appraisals and viability assessments.
- Manage a caseload and pipeline of property development projects acting as project manager.
- Represent Certitude and be able to work confidently with Employer’s Agents, Surveyors, Architects and other technical professionals.
- Review and negotiate terms of engagement with landlords and property developers to ensure Certitude’s interests are protected and risks minimised.
- Seek opportunities for investment and capital funding and other methods of securing accommodation.
To be a Property Development Lead at Certitude, the following are essential:
- Previous demonstrable experience managing the development and refurbishment of property for people with disabilities.
- Significant relevant project management experience.
- Previous experience working directly with Employer’s Agents and other construction professionals.
- Thorough knowledge of the property development process and land transactions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be an ambassador for Certitude in negotiations.
- Motivated and resilient; able to handle demands, targets, guidelines, and high stress situations.
About the Organisation
We have a passion for life and make it our mission to support people in living the life they desire, whatever that may be. We care about the people we support and the work we do, and we would love for you to join us at Certitude.
Read more about us on our website and visit our work for us page. You can also learn about us through our Values and Behaviours.
Do you want to be a Property Development Lead at Certitude? Select the apply button shown, complete an application form and someone from the Recruitment Team will be in touch! If you have any questions, please email us.
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and the support provided and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close vacancies before the date stated when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. You are advised to submit your completed application form as soon as possible to have the best chance of being considered.
Property Development Lead, RICS, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Community Development, Vulnerable People, Not for Profit, NFP.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.