This is a chance to join a developer with an enviable track record who is at the start of their London journey. You will be working on a vibrant mix of projects across Residential, Mixed use, PRS and Commercial over the coming years.
As Legal Counsel your expertise will be vital across all areas of implementation, monitoring and overseeing of legal activities for the developer. You will display strong leadership acumen, clear and effective working processes and a real passion for regeneration in London. Your proven experience in property development may come from previous employment at another developer, an in-house legal role at a public body dealing with property development or you may have worked with multiple property development clients at your firm.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Preparation, review and negotiation of acquisition and construction contracts and other real property transactions for the business including purchases, sales, leases, licences, management agreements, development agreements and joint ventures;
- Advice and support on legal issues arising in relation to landlord relationships across the future Real Estate portfolio;
- Advice and support in the real estate and construction aspects of M&A activity, including managing title, lease, construction and environmental diligence and preparation of any real estate assignments and other related transaction documentation;
- Reviewing and interpreting contracts, provide legal advice and assist to resolve or handle disputes;
- Understand the supply side of the business in order to propose well-reasoned legal and business solutions to complicated problems;
- Build and maintain business relationships, and manage competing workflows, appropriately prioritising with stakeholders in Real Estate and Corporate Development and delivering results within agreed timelines;
- Provide other forms of general legal support to the organisation as necessary, including review and negotiation of vendor contracts, corporate legal work and other legal projects as the need arises.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive PQE as an experienced real estate and/or construction lawyer. Experience gained at a reputable law firm highly desirable
- Some in-house experience including by way of secondment is desirable
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of structuring, negotiating and executing real estate transactions
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong eye for business, problem solving abilities and good judgment
- Dedication to high standards for work product and deliverables
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively to manage competing priorities