Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
(with a strong technology bias)
From its roots as a property developer which differentiated itself through experience, passion and creative flair, this company now combines its deep development capability with active management of the largest professional music community in Europe. The company aspires to build on the success of its community of artists and businesses in London and grow the brand both domestically and internationally whilst also continuing its opportunistic property development activities.
The company has invested in its leadership team with the appointment of a new Financial Director. He is now seeking to further enhance the businesses finance and operational capability with the recruitment of a new Financial Planning and Analysis resource.
The candidate will be joining the company at a critical phase in its growth. They will have the opportunity to contribute in some or all the following areas:
- Developing key financial and operational systems to streamline processes.
- Data capture, storage and analysis to drive better understanding of the operational aspects of the business. (Both the technical tools to enable this and the actual analysis)
- Improving delivery of management information and shaping behaviour through timely reporting and communication of key financial and operational information to business leaders.
- Transaction analysis and monitoring of financial performance
- Taking ownership of pieces of work from laying the initial foundations to delivering on the more complex and interesting tasks of each business.
Due to the current size of the company and its ambitions for expansion in the future, this is an exciting opportunity for a candidate, who would have the ability to make a significant impact both in the present and in future years to come.
The role will report directly to the Financial Director.
In an operation of this size, it is vitally important that the individual both fits in and contributes to the culture of the business.
The brand is creative, energetic, collaborative and service orientated. The Financial Director is seeking to create a team which supports and enhances this brand.
Other personal attributes which are valued at the company are:
- A cheerful and positive disposition
- Action orientated
- Organised and systematic
- Honest and open communication
- Positive intent
- Persuasive communication
- Hard working and committed.
The role of the finance team:
We believe the finance team can be a positive force within a business, shaping and driving decision making and behaviours.
To enable this to happen, the candidate alongside the current finance team, would need to ensure that the core accounting foundations are in place and being completed on time and to a high standard plus being able to contribute by:
- Bridging the gap between business and technology
- Enabling business processes through automation and process improvement
- Efficient capture and storage of data in tools that enable analysis and modelling
- Business and Project planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Financial analysis of investment opportunities
There also needs to be strong interpretation and communication skills which the accountant uses to shape and influence the broader business strategy and decision-making process.
A qualified accountant, preferably from a small to medium sized business background, with skills and experience across the full accounting spectrum.
Key Skills & Experience:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified with 5 – 8 years post qualification experience.
- Experience within a smaller business environment of less than 200 people where accountants are required to deliver across a wide range of activities
- Experienced in transforming a finance function and broader business through the selection and implementation of technology.
- The ability to bridge technology platforms into finance and business
- Experience in a business that has gone through a significant growth phase where the operational capability is being increased to match the growth of the business.
- Experience in the selection and implementation of tools to aid the capture, storage and analysis of data.
- Experience of real estate and the associated accounting requirements.
Closing Date for applications is 3rd July 2020