Bursting with culture, innovation, energy and opportunity, Waltham Forest is a place people want to live, raise a family, start a business and work. We are an award winning Council, winner of the Municipal Journal local authority of the year 2019.
We have ambitious and bold plans to improve our housing service delivery and have re-designed our Operations teams to deliver.
Our transformed Housing Assets Service is seeking a number of applicants for the following Key posts to help make our ambitions a reality.
Your new role
This postholder is responsible to the Commercial and Contracts Manager for service Budget management for the Housing Assets Team where the delivery of the Housing Capital planned maintenance and Revenue budgets will generally exceed £20m P/A. The primary role will be to ensure that budgets are monitored, mitigations recommended where budgets are not met and reports are made as required.
LBWF have procured the contracts with Morgan Sindall Property Services and Astons on the basis of long-term partnering contracts utilising the TPC2005 form of contract. The postholder will support the Commercial and Contracts Manager in delivering Financial Management of the above , having regard to the impact on annual budgets .This post is key in managing within a team in delivering the Planned Capital Programme element of the Housing Asset Management Strategy, to Time, Cost and Quality as set out above, the Housing Strategy and Corporate objectives. The postholder will deliver the role through matrix working with Heads Service Asset management and develop staff responsible for service delivery in accordance with the Council’s Performance and Review procedures. Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Develop and agree the Planned Maintenance Capital programme programmes in line with 1,5 and the 30-year Business Plans considering feedback from Residents, Members, Corporate Finance, Housing and Economic Development Heads Service.
- To ensure robust financial monitoring of Team and Programme budgets and control arrangements are in place as well as quality checking and audit trails where appropriate
- Manage final accounts and year-end assessments in accordance with contractual requirements
- Work closely with year-end close down timetable set by Cooperate Finance and to work with all stakeholders to ensure all expenditure is up to date and all year-end accruals together with supporting documents are processed together will all necessary journals.
- To manage the delivery of Contractual commercial requirements of the Morgan Sindall and Astons contracts
- To lead on the financial management of Capital project schemes, monitoring against cash flows, value engineering, investment feasibility, sensitivity testing and risk management exercises as and when necessary all to ensure the programmes are delivered in the most cost effective manner.in accordance with JCT contractual requirements.
- Manage Quantity surveyors to review and agree Constructor’s monthly Valuations and issue Payment Certificates in accordance with the timescales set out within JCT contractual requirements
- To develop, monitor and report on the finance & delivery the major works programme
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant professional qualification such as MRICS or MCIOB
- Experience of managing budgets across several services.
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating a diverse workforce
- Contractual and Commercial management skills, expert knowledge of TPC or other contract forms including leading on tenders and procurement exercises in accordance with the Council’s procurement policies
- Proven ability to set and manage complex budgets, achieving delivery to budget.
- Ability to write complex correspondence and reports to meet reporting deadlines
- High level of IT skills working with a data base and software applications to produce presentational material and reports effectively.
When looking for applicants we are keen to hear from all candidates who fit the Role profile criteria, however the Council is particularly keen to encourage and improve diversity. This is because we recognise that what people bring through their personal experiences, background and identity significantly enhances to the Council’s ability to deliver services to our residents.
Therefore applicants who are women and applicants from Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic backgrounds are encouraged.
The Council is also a Disability Confident employer where those candidates declaring a disability, meeting the minimum criteria for the role, will be shortlisted for interview. Details are available within the application process.
What you'll get in return
PO10 Payscale + local authority benefits package and flexible working options available
What you need to do now
This vacancy is being exclusively managed by Diana Amalinei from Hays Recruitment. If you need any further information regarding the post, please reach out to her on 02072598811.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.