Our client is an established real estate and investment manager with a focus on direct/indirect equity globally.
They manage one of the world's largest real estate globally and invest through their offices and is currently recruiting for a Lead, ESG and Technical and Asset Management APAC for their Singapore office.
In this newly created role in the region, this professional will be functioning as the technical expert within the Asset Management team overseeing technical and environmental due diligence (TEDD) for new acquisitions and the technical audits for existing investments, in addition to driving ESG and innovation initiatives for the portfolio.
- Develop the TEDD scope of works taking into account the nuances of regional differences within the APAC region
- Coordinate and supervise the TEDD process including but not limited to selection and oversight of external technical consultants, performing risk analyses and support the finalization of investment proposals
- Develop and implement innovative and efficient energy solutions, energy efficiency as well as ESG enhancement programs
- Monitor and coordinate technical document handover, building commissioning and rectification of defects for acquisition
- Collaborate on approaches to improve the environmental impact of the portfolio, reduce energy consumption, add value, and improve tenant well-being with an overarching goal of meeting the Company’s sustainability goals
- Remain current and identify opportunity areas for Innovation, ESG & Sustainability trends, making buildings fit for the future
- Develop, validate, and adjust maintenance measures and cost planning, especially in the context of creating business plans based on the investment horizon
- Develop economic feasibility studies and lifecycle-oriented maintenance concepts
- Manage maintenance and building measures from external managers in order to ensure quality, costs, and deadlines
- Manage external partners in case of monitoring construction progress for projects under development and set performance targets
- Develop metrics, analyze, and track progress and report on initiatives to stakeholders
- Strong academic background with a specialization in engineering/architecture/real estate; strong preference for degree in mechanical or civil engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience in real estate technical fields; prior ESG experience will be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work closely and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Travelling on a regular basis