Junior Finance Business Partner
External Job Advert
Job Role: Junior Finance Business Partner
Location: Hrbrid, Occasional travel to our London, Luton, New Milton and Worcester office
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
As a Junior Finance Business Partner, you will be contributing to Mainstay’s vision as the market leading provider of services to the UK’s property sector. Mainstay is a professional services organisation, that delivers business expertise and services across the property industry.
- Providing business partnering service to operational managers, assisting budget holders to exceed their deliverables and take corrective measures where appropriate.
- Support in delivering division level corporate financial results and processes and support the finance director in understanding the P&L and Balance Sheet. Ensuring that financial risks are managed and emerging variances to budgets can be anticipated and mitigated through timely action.
This role reports to the Senior Finance Business Partner - Mainstay.
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with senior managers and their teams with regards to the Estate Finance departments.
- Support production of financial performance management packs, including variance analysis and understand drivers of financial performance.
- Support senior business partner in regular Performance Review process with Operation managers and their teams, understanding performance and driving management action.
- Weekly reporting to keep track of mid-month performance.
- Providing input to Group FP&A for budget, forecasting and reporting on all volume/margin topics.
- Reconciliation of P&L items to supporting schedules to ensure accuracy of reported balances.
- Providing analysis and insight that links financial reports to business cases.
- Embed financial controls and control processes.
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting including business modelling.
- Monitor KPI benchmarking to assist with performance assessment.
- Take full responsibility of your own development and contribute positively and effectively to the team through creative ideas, tested processes, or feedback from colleagues/ external parties.
Skills and Experience
- A commercially orientated qualified/ part qualified Finance individual (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Highly motivated and pro-active self-starter who has demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong customer focus with excellent organisation skills.
- Team player and able to lead by example.
- Intermediate to advance Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience of using Adaptive Insight preferable.
Mainstay provide expertise in professional services to the property industry through our highly skilled teams. We’re committed to delivering the highest levels of service, to support our customers and clients with market-leading professional services and strive to be the UK’s leading professional services provider.
We pride ourselves on our people and their expert knowledge and experience, combined with our use of technology and data, to allow us to lead the way in providing the UK’s property sector with the services that they require. Together aim to deliver consistently and provide customers and clients with confidence and peace of mind.
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We’ll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit packages. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We’re committed to promoting diversity at Mainstay and recruit on merit. We will consider applications from job share applicants.
Ready to apply?
Click the below apply button to start your application for this role. We will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions. You may also be asked to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests online.
If you meet the criteria for the role, we’ll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager and up to three other key stakeholders.