In a diverse, interesting, and at times challenging role, you will provide financial analysis to the Development, Finance and Strategy teams. More specifically, this could entail assisting with ongoing investment appraisal of developments, assisting with the collation of information for funding partners, evaluating funding options, financial analysis to support strategic planning and financial analysis to support the development of new business units within the business.
Real Estate Development Investment Appraisal
- Maintain, modify and build financial models for multiphase mixed-use developments
- Advise Project Development teams on the financial impacts of changes to project assumptions.
- Review existing models to test the accuracy of calculations and input assumptions
- Analyse actual expenditure and incorporate this into a forecast underwriting model to track financial performance.
- As required, work with the Project Development team, this may include data analysis and data collection to support market research, site analysis, space planning, and costing.
Debt & Capital Analysis
- Maintain, modify and build financial models for complex capital structures, including senior debt, junior debt, equity promote and multiple refinancings
- Provide source data to the financing team outlining projected cash flows and/or actual expenditure
- Analyse viability and financial returns offered by alternative financial structures
Corporate Strategy Financial Analysis
- As required, work with the Corporate Strategy team to provide financial analysis to support and challenge strategic plans
- As required, provide financial analysis to support the development of emerging businesses within the JV partnership
- As required, work with the Financing team, this may include data analysis and data collection to support market research.
- Embed yourself in the business to build a detailed understanding of the business and our developments, including key dates, cost forecasts, sales targets, project risks and opportunities.
- As required, attend project meetings to gain a detailed, first-hand understanding of projects and the wider business.
- In addition to calculating financial impacts, a major element of the role is being able to clearly summarise and communicate these findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Perform quality control activities that ensure error-free reporting
- Such other duties as the business may reasonably reqire from time to time
- Degree level qualification or equivalent (2:1 in any subject)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of real estate finance concepts
- Prior experience of real estate is desired, but not essential
- A-level in Maths is desired, but not essential
- Genuine interest in the real estate industry
- 1-6 years of relevant experience
- Analytical with attention to detail, the ability to scrutinise your own work to identify anomalies and inconsistencies
- Proficient at reviewing, maintaining, modifying and building leveraged cash flows
- Understand and implement good information management principles - single source of truth, data ownership and consistency
- Understanding of corporate finance theory (IRR, NPV, leverage, cash flow concepts etc.)