Are you an intermediate Quantity Surveyor with a solid commercial projects experience?
Would you like to be part of a forward-thinking company based in Manchester?
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is motivated and ambitious with the offer of a competitive salary along with the potential for fantastic career progression. The position offers a role to work with a talented, progressive and innovative team.
- Developer for Private Sector projects using traditional and design and build forms of contract
- New build works on green and brown field sites
- Monitor and update in house system as required
- Demolition, extension, alteration and remodelling to existing facilities
- Internal and external refurbishment of occupied facilities
- Sectors include residential, commercial and retail
As an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor you will provide commercial expertise and be responsible for the financial delivery of the assigned projects to ensure that they are procured and delivered within budget, to programme and to the highest quality whilst exceeding company expectations.
You will be reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and running monthly reports, costings, contract / sub-contract packages and variations. There will be a team of Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers working alongside you on these projects.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying (BSc or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ QS experience working on a range of projects and values
- Experience of running projects up to £5million
- Developer, PQS or main contracting experience
- Experience of both pre and post contract administration including preparing cost plans,
estimates, bills of quantities, procurement, value engineering, tender reporting, valuations
and final accounts
- Passionate about construction, house building and customer service
- Wide knowledge of Construction Industry processes and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of current forms of contract
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate
- Hold a full clean driving licence
Personal and Professional Attributes
- Must approach problematic situations head-on, be prepared to be a sounding board for clients complaints and able to provide appropriate solutions
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Smartly dressed and neatly turned out
- Courteous and efficient
- Professional approach
- Diplomacy and confidentiality
- Confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Be able to provide basic IT assistance
- Computer literate – must have a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint preferred but not essential.
- Experience of Propman would be preferable but not essential
RICS APC qualified or equivalent
By joining this well-established financially secure organisation, which has an excellent reputation and a secure order book, you will benefit from an excellent salary and benefits package.
In addition, you can be sure of working in a supportive environment where talent and initiative are rewarded and career progression is definitely available.