Head of Property & Facilities
- Salary: Circa £65,000 (dependent on experience)
- Hours: 40 hours per week (rota shifts) with some weekend working, including Sundays.
- Location: Kilburn
We are looking for a Head of Property & Facilities to join our team to lead in managing and maintaining our properties and developments to a high standard.
Ruach City Church is going through an exciting time of significant growth, and to be successful for this role you will have the expertise, passion, and drive to deliver on pioneering targets that will positively impact our community.
If you are experienced in multi-site project management delivery of properties and developments, working with developers, contract management, leading on health & safety, and can manage a successful team, we are eager to hear from you!
- Provide strategic leadership and effective asset management for the review and transformation of RCC’s land and property portfolio, currently in London and the Midlands, to ensure that it: delivers maximum capital and financial benefits; delivers optimum social and community benefits; supports the regeneration of the community; enables effective delivery of front-line services to meet the needs of our congregation, customers, visitors, volunteers and all who use our buildings; delivers on planned/programmed maintenance; appropriate risk assessment; enables use of assets across RCC under appropriate hire agreements.
- Lead and deliver on the decommissioning of our current head office location and relocate to our new building in South London in 2024.
- Lead on Ruach’s building hires business strategy and plans, managing the Venue Hire Officer to provide a comprehensive building hire package for clients/customers.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining property and facility processes, procedures, systems and controls sufficient to safeguard Ruach City Churches’ assets.
- Provide accurate, timely and meaningful management, reporting and analysis to department budget holders, Board of Trustees and senior leadership to support strategies decisions and operational needs of RCC.
- Effectively manage the property and facilities team and lead on recruitment to the department, when required.
- Lead on the engagement of external services for any property matters.
- Provide compliance with health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
- Prudently manage property & facilities and Health & Safety budgets.
- Educated to degree level, with a Building Services Engineer qualification, or similar and NEBOSH qualified.
- Proven experience in senior management experience of property, project, financial, administrative and/or operational management.
- Knowledge and working experience of effective health and safety management strategies, best practice, current legislation and application in a public/not-for-profit sector environment.
- Experience of preparing management or relevant information, written and verbally, for a variety of purposes and audiences, including the ability to promote RCC effectively at internal and external meetings.
- You will work in collaboration with stakeholders and service users so you must be able to maintain good working relationships at all levels.
- You will need to have a clean current driving license and be willing to travel using a company vehicle between Ruach City Church locations, where reasonably required for the role.
- You will be committed to Ruach City Church values and be customer focused.
What we do
Ruach City Church is one of the largest and fastest growing non-denominational Pentecostal Christian churches in Europe.
The church is known for hosting interdenominational events which have had an overwhelming success in promoting greater unity within the wider Christian church. We have recently celebrated our 30th anniversary and it is an exciting time to be working for Ruach as we look to expand with new dynamic projects
What we offer
Ruach City Church offer 28 days holiday per annum (pro rata for part time) plus public holidays. A pension contribution scheme, health care including opticians, dentist cover and other associated benefits. Interest free season ticket loan after successful probationary period and birthday leave (following 2 years of service).
How to apply
To be considered for this role you will need to apply with an online application through the recruitment portal. Along with your application please submit an up-to-date CV and a cover letter of no more than 1,000 words outlining your suitability for the role addressing the job description and person specification. We will not accept applications without a cover letter, so please ensure this is added at application stage.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the advert will be closed early if an appointment is made prior to the closing date so please do not delay in applying.
All applications must be received no later than Monday 26th February at 23:59pm.