Position: Head, Design and Development
Department: Data Centre
Our client is a leading Singapore Developer who is currently seeking an experienced Head, Design and Development to join and lead the Design and Development team for the Data Centre (DC) business.
This position is responsible to support current and new region infrastructure growth initiatives. The individual will lead cross functional teams to drive the implementation and deployment of the completed designs, development and document requirements, budgets, and project schedules. The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator, both written and verbally, and possesses 15-18+ years of experience in design and project management of DC. A Bachelor's Degree or additional technical experience is required. Candidates possessing a background in architecture/design, mechanical/electrical engineering, DC infrastructure/operations, and/or construction discipline is required. Candidate must be able to remotely manage project delivery teams, possesses the ability to interface with the commercial, sales and operations functions within the DC business and problem solve issues to project success. Being able to work with cross-functional matrix-based teams, establish trust with a variety of stakeholders across multiple time zones, own the creative design process, manage capital budgets, eliminate non-value-add activity, design solutions, problem solving, and find innovative ways to accelerate project delivery is a must in delivering high quality solutions for CL owned DC and customer Built-To-Suit solutions.
- Act as the Principal Consultant and Design Lead to manage complex technology infrastructure projects and coordinate the development of multi-discipline design solutions for in-house DC and/or customer DC requirements
- Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex solutions and issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meets customer expectations.
- Provides advanced technical consulting advice and inputs to proposal efforts, solution design during pre-sales and pursuit and construction phases.
- Provides and set strategic direction for customers based on the company’s solutions and industry best practices and current trends
- Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution.
- Actively participates in company programs and practice improvement activities to share knowledge, industry best practices and act as a mentor to develop design engineers
- Develop re-usable solutions and standardization of deliverables associated with design
- Ensure local countries adopt agreed and best practice design and construction processes and procedures during the pursuit and delivery and construction phases
- Lead QA/QC process and procedures to ensure that design solutions and proposals are high quality with clear differentiators, value propositions, compliant and protect us commercially.
- Build and maintain relationships with Partners and other Consultants in the industry to enhance business planning, strategy and solution development.
- Build and reinforces customer’s perception of the company as a credible partner and Industry leader in the DC business
• Develop detailed project plans and resources required to deliver design solutions from initial feasibility through to completion.
- Minimum 15+ years of professional experience with at least 8 years in the specific area of Mission Critical / DC Facilities Services business and a demonstrable understanding of all building services associated with DC within the APJ Region
- Possesses an Engineering degree and/or Project Management Experience in the DC field is preferred
- Ability to manage and lead the design and construction process for Mission Critical / DC Facilities Services across multiple countries in the APJ region.
- Ability to troubleshoot across a number of significant projects and solutions in the APJ region.
- Ability to innovate and communicate offerings across multiple business units and different enterprise customer environments and service providers
- Led a design and construction teams in the delivery of multiple solutions across multiple technologies.
- Ability to present at all levels from EXCO to working team levels, and in public forums, facilitate business discussions, and controls and leads those discussions.
- Ability to represent DC in a customer sales presentation, conveying the benefits of working with the business and the broader Consulting business
- Ability to lead production of proposals, working across departments for complex customer solutions.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor junior team members in design management, engineering and project delivery
- Deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies
- Demonstrates ability to develop and work with sales on new opportunities, maintains and develops strategic client engagements
- Ability to develop detailed project plans to manage the design and construction process
- Leverages market research and local market intelligence to develop most effective solutions for Customers
- Educates other teams and business units on best practices for the DC Portfolio - Strategy, Design, Implementation, Assurance, Energy
- Help Sales to position the value of the service solution program and position DC early during the development of the opportunity.
· Strong communication and presentation skills