Graduate/Newly Qualified Commercial Agency Surveyor
Graduate/Newly Qualified Commercial Agency Surveyor
JOB TITLE: Graduate (Last year of APC) or Newly Qualified Commercial Agency Surveyor
LOCATION: Leeds Based - Flexible across South Yorkshire & West Yorkshire including Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester and North East as well as UK wide, as required. (Hybrid/Office/Home working, two day Leeds and one day a week in Northallerton HQ).
TERMS: Permanent/Full time up to 40 Hours per Week
SALARY/RATE: £24,000 to £35,000, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Align Chartered Surveyors is a trading name of Align Property Partners Ltd. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of North Yorkshire Council and operate as a Local Authority Trading company providing multi-disciplinary property consultancy services to both NYC and others. We are looking to recruit a Graduate or Newly RICS qualified Commercial Agency experienced Surveyor with some recent post degree qualification at Graduate grades/levels. The role will be based at our Leeds offices with one day a week in our Northallerton HQ (dependent on your location) and or temporary offices across the UK, as the work requires. You will be employed on a permanent full-time basis with flexible benefits.
You will be joining an experienced team of Agency General Practice Chartered Surveyors that work within the company’s multi-disciplined workforce. If you are a Graduate or newly qualified who is energetic, motivated with a “can do” and proactive mind seeking new challenges and want to be part of a successful team in an exciting environment, then we would like to hear from you. Ideally you will already have passed your APC and qualified for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyor (RICS) membership. Or you have at least 1 year’s pre-qualification and looking to complete your APC training. However, we will support you to achieve your Chartership, including Registered Valuer status, if required.
You shall be able to undertake a range of corporate (public) and private commercial agency functions as part of the varied GP day-to-day Commercial Agency roles. This would include, but not limited to commercial lettings, sales, disposals and acquisitions. You will also from time to time be requested to also assist the wider commercial business in Asset Valuation & Management and Landlord & Tenant instructions and along with other duties as required from all our Graduate/Newly qualified Surveyors working within the Agency team. We would expect you to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision and working with other senior surveyors, admin and support staff to communicate efficiently and effectively manage a varied commercial agency portfolio of work within our Align Chartered Surveyors and the wider multi-disciplined teams in APP.
Candidates should hold a minimum degree in a Bachelor of Science/Art or higher in a relevant subject to the role i.e. Estate Management, International Real Estate or equivalent. Previous GP Commercial Agency, and/or Property & Asset Management experience would be advantageous.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to Degree standard in an appropriate discipline.
- Recently passed, working or undertaking your APC training with the RICS towards Full RICS membership (12 months or less to complete)
- Previous Experience within a property/surveying background would be desirable.
- Proven competency across a range of agency experience and marketing practices, including online data research, tools and techniques.
- Ability to negotiate lease terms with prospective tenants/buyers, challenge, support, influence and engage with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels to “make the deals happen”
- IT literacy with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other IT systems for marketing of commercial properties and developing and gathering property information, as required.
- A Full UK driving license & vehicle is required for this role.
Tasks that will be required of you could include:
- Work as a member of the Commercial Agency team
- Work with the team of Surveyors to deliver efficient and expert advice to satisfy our Client requirements, whilst coordinating with team members and work collaboratively with other disciplines within the wider APP business.
- Work with our corporate (public Local Authority Partners), NYC, from our offices in Leeds around North Yorkshire and other our other public and private clients across the UK
- Liaise with all relevant statutory authorities and public bodies
- Prepare and assist with marketing, advertising, view and negotiate “the best” deals, agreements and disposals together with preparing reports (terms of engagement) and maintaining property records.
- Visit sites or Clients to attend meetings, viewings, carry out inspections and surveys as/when required.
- Ensure the Agency management and the objectives of the company and clients are achieved in line with Key Performance Indicators as well as contractual commitments as part of your work plan set by your line manager are met.
- Manage and contribute as appropriate to planning of a diverse workload of cases and resourcing planning of the Commercial Agency team within a given timescale.
- Work as part of the agency team and/or under supervision to undertake any commercial agency work or related duties as may be required in this Surveyors role.
What we can offer you
- We are pleased to offer a competitive salary from £25,000 - £35,000+ (dependent on experience and qualifications), pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, flexible working patterns and access to the company benefits scheme.
- We actively encourage staff development, you will go on to manage and mentor a team ensuring their work is delivered to the highest standard.
- This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Align Chartered Surveyors, working with an experienced team that has a positive impact on the work it's involved in across South Yorkshire and the North of England.
CLOSING DATE: 16th June 2023
INTERVIEWS: Interviews to be held periodically throughout the advert life span.
CONTACT US TO APPLY:
Please send your CV with a covering letter via e-mail to our Commercial Agency Director, as detailed below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Align Chartered Surveyors
White Rose House (2nd Floor), Northallerton Business Park, Thurston Road, Northallerton, DL6 2NA.
POC: Christopher Black – Commercial Agency Director
Christopher Black T: 07944946030
Align Property Partners & Align Chartered Surveyors are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds and age groups. We are committed to offering an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements for this role. If you have a disability or special need and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process please do so by contacting us.