This Company has deep roots as a property developer which differentiates itself through experience, passion and creative flair, combining property development capability with active estate management of what is the largest professional music community in the world.
Over the past 12 months, the leadership team has expanded with the appointment of a new Financial Director and a Finance Systems Manager.
It is now seeking a Finance Manager to join the team to further enhance the businesses finance and operational capabilities.
The role will be the lead accountant on:
- Several smaller property investment and development companies
- Several direct investment companies in the Music, Media and Education sectors
It will take responsibility for:
- The day-to-day accounting processes
- Capture and analysis of data to drive better understanding of the operational aspects of the business.
- Preparation and Review of monthly management information and analysis against annual forecasts, budgets & cash flows.
- Improving delivery of management information and telling the “financial story” of the business to business leaders.
In time, the candidate will have the opportunity to work on:
- new business initiatives
- operational improvements
Due to the current size of the operation and its ambitions for expansion in the future, this is an exciting opportunity for a candidate, who will have the ability to make a significant impact both in the present and in future years to come. This role will be taking over from an existing team member who is taking on additional responsibilities in the broader business.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
The Company believes the Finance function can be a positive force within a business, shaping and driving decision making and behaviours. To enable this to happen, the candidate alongside the current finance team would need to ensure that the following foundations are in place and being completed on time and to a high standard:
- Data capture
- Financial controls
- Operational excellence
- Cash flow management
- Financial reporting
- Regulatory and tax compliance
And - there needs to be an interpretive and communication element which the accountant uses to shape and influence the broader business strategy and decision-making process.
In a business of this size, it is vitally important that the individual both fits in and contributes to the culture of the business. The brand is creative, energetic, collaborative and service orientated. The business is seeking to create a finance team which supports and enhances this brand.
Other personal attributes which are desired are:
- A cheerful and positive disposition
- Action orientated
- Organised and systematic
- Honest and open communication
- Positive intent
- Persuasive communication
- Hard working and committed
A recently qualified accountant, preferably from a small to medium sized business or private client background, with 3 to 5 years skills and experience across the full accounting spectrum.
Ideally with some or all the following experience:
Key Skills & Experience:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified or part qualified
- Exposure to property as an asset
- Competent on excel and accounting software
- Systems implementation
- Operational improvement
- Understanding of accounting treatments within a variety of industries