Job Role: Facilities Manager (Ref: 5690)
Job Sector: Property Services
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 - 16:30
As the Facilities Manager, you will contribute to our vision of being the UKs favourite property manager by:
- Providing an exceptional Facilities Management and service to our customers; Ensuring that our customer experience is engaging and frustration-free
- Working within our Four Pillar strategy to complete tasks that ensure the building is well maintained for the landlord and our customers so that we can demonstrate full compliance with our statutory obligations as appointed Property Manager.
- By demonstrating and living our values to be able to naturally gain new leads and to grow and move the business forward
This role reports to the Head of MFM and will manage a team of direct reports and indirect reports.
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.
- To motivate, develop and nurture a team of staff achieving company targets as a region and by client. This includes resolving any performance/quality issues in a timely and effective manner.
- To be involved in the recruitment and development of new staff into the facilities management team to maximise the delivery of a first-class service that includes a full induction program covering security, concierge, cleaning, Health & Safety and ongoing site maintenance where appropriate.
- Provide access to suitable resources for support staff, leaseholders and members of the public to maintain a safe, clean and exemplary physical environment.
- Responsible for all staff management activities (including recruitment & selection and performance management through a system of performance reviews and objective setting) relating to the team, in accordance with the company's policies and procedures. Develop, coach and mentor staff through a system of regular scheduled team and individual review meetings, as well as accompanied site visits and if required, to attend evening meetings.Provide positive and targeted written feedback following all such accompanied visits.
- Build and develop positive supplier and customer relationships.
- Provide value-added feedback to Property Managers covering all elements of facilities management.Be able to demonstrate services provided are of the highest standard in the industry, championing best practice.
- Ensure that the team is kept fully up to date with the latest changes in legislation, technical knowledge and best practise including (but not restricted to) attendance at regional briefings
- Ensure the cost effectiveness of the team including staffing; capital costs and consumables, maximising profit margins.
- Facilitate and ensure that a system of inspection of works is undertaken regularly to ensure it meets specifications and established standards. Manage quality of deliverables and monitoring system for Service Level Agreements.
- Identify additional opportunities to expand the activities of the division with due regard for an acceptable internal rate of return.
- Initiate a regular routine of site visits/ins