Nexus Tradeco Ltd is the Investment Advisor to, and property manager for, Primary Health Properties Plc (PHP) and part of the Nexus Group of Companies. The Nexus Group seeks to support and improve the delivery of healthcare and education in the UK and Ireland through investment in real estate, publishing and entrepreneurship in these sectors.
PHP is the largest dedicated healthcare REIT in the UK and also an FTSE 250 company. PHP is a specialist investor in modern purpose-built primary healthcare assets (i.e. GP Surgeries / Medical Centres) located across the UK and Ireland. The REIT has 510 properties under management, valued at £2.5bn, with an annual rent roll of £131 million. The delivery of high-quality facilities management is key to maintaining good tenant relationships and managing the assets of the company.
As a result of the continued growth of PHP an exciting and dynamic opportunity has arisen for two Regional Facilities Managers (RFM) to complete a new team set-up reporting to our Head of Facilities Management.
- Employer – Nexus TradeCo Limited
- Reporting - Head of Facilities Management and Director, Property Management
- Location – Flexible although the office is based in Stratford Upon Avon
- Area of work – Throughout the UK
- Contract – Full Time
- Start Date – As soon as possible
- Remuneration package to be agreed and in line with current market practice
Role & Responsibilities
The role is to assist the Property Management team in the delivery of high-quality management service for the benefit of PHP tenants. The RFM is to take a lead role in the operational management of PHP property leaving the property manager free to focus on strategic issues, tenant applications, debt and reporting. Main duties will involve:
1. Ensure that the Help Desk and Health and Safety Management reporting system is up to date at all times.
2. Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including PPM and Health and Safety.
3. Preferably NEBOSH qualified, or commitment to the same. IOSH qualified is essential.
4. Prepare each site for risk assessment maintaining stated target compliance levels.
5. Ensuring that a full set of risk assessments is held at each property and actions plans are implemented, diligently and competently at all times.
7. Record utility consumption and support the integrity of the main database.
8. Visit each property as often as is required and report any issues to the Property Manager.
9. Develop a close working relationship with tenant representatives and manage tenant satisfaction and confidence. Ensure that all tenants have relevant contact details for the Regional Facilities Manager, Property Manager and Helpdesk.
10. Monitor tenant alterations and advise the Property Manager of any works noted to be ongoing on site.
11. Monitor tenant occupation of the buildings and report changes where appropriate.
12. Inspect all properties on frequency specified and agreed by the Property Manager.
13. Ensure that high site standards, in respect of cleaning, PPM, reactive repair and presentation are achieved and maintained at all times, within property budgets.
14. In the event of emergency situations, to act as first point of contact for PHP Helpdesk, attend property as soon as is possible and report back to relevant personnel whilst co-coordinating third party stakeholders to reach a speedy resolution.
15. Working with the Property Manager evaluate existing contractual relationships and ensure that the service provided by contractors is in line with the agreed specification. Ensure that any shortcomings in service delivery are dealt with swiftly and reported back to the Property Manager.
16. Assist the Head of Facilities Management with the management, review and procurement of good quality contractors to deliver a comprehensive PPM and reactive maintenance service across the portfolio.
17. Complete a first draft of the service charge budget with explanatory notes detailing your recommendations and financial requests to ensure the property manager is aware of all operational needs for each managed property.
18. First approver of all expenditure invoices, track spend against budget through the service charge year and advise the property manager of any deviations from budget (positive or negative) in early course.
19. Assist the Property Manager in reviewing the first draft service charge reconciliation.
20. Ensure that the Property Manager is kept fully informed on site issues at all times and to assist with the certifying of expenditure invoices if required.
21. Production and co-ordination of information, in line with PHP/Nexus requirements.
1. Manage and liaise with all management, technical and administration staff, on strategic and operation/service delivery issues.
2. Establish and implement best practice, whilst ensuring safe working practices, are complied with at all times, in line with PHP/Nexus policies.
3. Ensure appropriate, clear communication lines are established and maintained with all relevant parties, to include surveyor, accounts team, tenants, suppliers and clients.
4. Attendance at internal training courses are compulsory, as is the self-identification of training needs.
5. Take on new sites as requested and efficiently handover sites when applicable.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Healthcare surveying experience advantageous but not essential
- Experience in managing hard, soft and M&E service providers
- Ability to prioritise workload, commercial aware and able to prioritise.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be experienced in commercial property Facilities Management.
- Experience in using Excel and familiar with property management databases.
- BFIM or similar qualification is desirable but not essential.