Full time (37 hours per week) | Permanent | Up to £42,503 per annum (plus possible relocation package of up to £8,000)
About the role
Are you an experienced General Practice/Estates Surveyor looking for a new challenge and to grow your career? This position is just right for a Chartered Surveyor with experience in asset and estate management.
As a customer focussed, experienced property professional, you will actively shape and deliver a range of services across the Council’s portfolio. You will be responsible for the effective management of all property related matters including negotiations for acquisitions and disposals, granting of leases and rent reviews.
The post holder will have line management responsibilities for the Estates Officer.
Benefits of working for us
Our office is located on the banks of the Torridge estuary in Bideford, one of the most breath-taking parts of the South West within walking distance of the dramatic North Devon Coastline, home to world class beaches (including the 12th World Surfing Reserve). On the doorstep are also the amazing natural resources of Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks.
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which includes:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme which the Council contributes 17.5%
- Access to an Occupational Health service to support you at work
- Enhanced sick pay
- Flexi time policy
- Annual leave starting at a minimum of 26 days and rising to a minimum of 31 days after 5 years (plus bank holidays)
- The potential to purchase an extra 10 days annual leave
- 3 days extra annual leave for the Christmas period
- Access to the cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle for healthy, low carbon travel
- Extensive training, learning and development opportunities
How to apply
If you are looking for a new professional challenge with a great work life balance then contact Sean Kearney, Head of Communities and Place on 01237 428708 for a confidential and informal discussion about the role and how it might be right for you.
Closing date: 6 July
Interview date: 20 July