Job Role:Estate Operative (Ref 6105)
Pay Rate:£19,600 - £23,520
Hours:Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm
As the estate operative, you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
• Demonstrating FirstPort values in all aspects of your work and communication, to develop strong relationships and enhance work quality.
• Ensuring the site is well maintained providing a clean and secure environment for residents and guests at all times.
• Supporting the Development Manager to keep health and safety standards to a maximum.
This role reports to the Development Manager
You will have a full driving licence and currently be working within a similar environment. Have a passion for providing an exceptional level of customer service at all times, ideally in a face to face environment.
Warm and friendly communication comes naturally to you, and you are able to resolve issues and any complaints effectively to the customers complete satisfaction quickly and efficiently.
You have experience of challenging and/or emergency situations and always remain calm and take the necessary actions with a high standard of professionalism. Health and safety is of great importance to you, and you have experience of performing daily checks and keeping accurate records to ensure everything is kept up to date and fully compliant.
You are self-motivated and pro-active, you enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with at regular team meetings.
Your ideal role will be a varied one. You enjoy working with people and helping to make a difference to enhance their lifestyle on a day to day basis.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
1. Provide general cleaning and maintenance support to the Development.
2. Liaise with and provide access to authorised contractors and tradesmen, notifying the Development Manager of start / completion of work accordingly.
3. Report defects / incidents (either observed or reported) and take the corrective action after consultation with the Development Manager.
4. Carry out monthly emergency light system checks by consistent and regular testing and ensure monthly fire alarm checks are undertaken with Development Manager.
5. Maintain accurate records of maintenance / lighting issues.
6. Undertake any routine general repairs / refit door locks.
7. Ensure all tools are maintained and kept securely, only used by authorised personnel.
8. Pressure wash / clean bin stores on a weekly basis and ensure all footpaths and communal areas are kept clean and swept.
9. Carry out any touch up paint work in communal areas within the buildings, as and when required.
10. Carry out regular checks and maintenance of terrace areas, including watering plants.
Skills and Experience
Minimum of two years' experience in an estate operative position
Ideally hold a valid CSCS card
Good experience of electrical and plumbing practices, an electrical related qualification would be an advantage