Job Role: Estate Manager (Ref 0326)
Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
Salary: £23,110.76 per annum plus benefits
Job Sector: Retirement - Assisted Living
Hours: 8am - 4pm, work 5 days then 3 days off (31 hours per week)
As an Estate Manager you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite residential property manager by:
- Providing an efficient, cost effective management service to our customers
- Achieving high standards of performance within a team of individuals to create a welcoming, friendly and courteous environment within the development
- Effectively and professionally manage the development while providing a safe, secure and well maintained environment to customers
The Estate Manager reports to the Area Manager and has a team of up to 10 direct reports. This includes an Assistant Estate Manager, Head Housekeeper and multiple Housekeeper & Servers, as well as Night Duty Managers.
- Maintain a high profile around the development / office, ensure our residents are checked within our requirements.
- In the event of an emergency, call the appropriate response team or authorities.
- Carry out daily checks ensuring the building is safe and secure, keeping all communal areas, gardens and grounds clean and maintained through effective management of contractors.
- Be responsible for all works being completed, raising orders, managing contractors, monitoring progress and signing off completion.
- Arrange cover for holidays and illness where necessary
- Help build a sense of community by encouraging and supporting a Social Committee to plan and run social events for all residents.
- Build and maintain links with residents family members, local authorities; Doctors, Social Workers, Health Authority etc as required and appropriate.
- Maintain records in line with internal procedures, ensure all data is protected and kept secure at all times.
- Assist in the sale and re-sale of property via estate agents, make new residents feel welcome and help them settle in; where possible being present to welcome them.
- Work across your local peer team of Estate Managers for advice and day to day support and travel to team / company meetings on a monthly / annual basis
- Complete your continuous professional development training and attend all training events/meetings as directed by your Area Manager and Human Resources.
- Recognise the needs of your team to deliver services appropriately, identifying areas for improvement, setting action plans aligned to the business strategy. Implementing change, manage risks and impact and monitor results. Encourage and promote your employees profile around the development, provide professional advice and guidance to all customers and employees. Encourage and support your team coaching and guiding them through change with developmental impact. Actively work with them to enhance the customer experience for residents.
You will currently or have previously managed a large team, cross functional team in a customer focused environment and have a passion for providing an exceptional level of customer service at all times.
Warm and friendly communication comes naturally to you, and you are able to resolve issues and any complaints effectively to the customers complete satisfaction quickly and efficiently.
You have experience of challenging and/or emergency situations and always remain calm and take the necessary actions with a high standard of professionalism. Health and safety is of great importance to you, and you have experience of performing daily checks and keeping accurate records to ensure everything is kept on track.
You are self-motivated and pro-active, you enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with at regular team meetings.
You are IT savvy and are confident in using laptops / tablets and are fluent in the different MS packages.
Your ideal role will be a varied one, where you're not stuck behind a desk all day; You enjoy working with people and helping to make a difference to enhance their lifestyle on a day to day basis.