Job Title: Director of Procurement and Supply Chain
Hours: 35 hours per week
As the Director of Procurement & Supply Chain you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Being the strategic thinking lead across the organisation to improve the delivery of value for money and innovation, via medium and long term planning and build the procurement and business strategy and plans.
- Supporting business operations through the Operations directors and Regional teams as well as key Support Services stakeholders, including Customer Services and Major Works.
- Acting as a role model of professional procurement practice, delivering pragmatic and high-quality solutions to meet the needs of the organisation.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and has a team of up to ten direct reports.
As an experienced leader in procurement you have the supply market knowledge and experience of several spend category areas across Hard and Soft FM; Asset Compliance; Utilities and Corporate.
You have an proven ability and track record of setting appropriate category strategy and plans; as well as establishing credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
Being a natural leader means you are able to build and sustain trust with stakeholders and your team through authentic relationships, and create high performing teams.
Influencing and communication comes naturally to you, and you are able to gain credibility quickly with key stakeholders across FirstPort; customers; clients; professional bodies and suppliers as needed.
- Understand FirstPort's business strategy and how it impacts P&SC. Ensures P&SC activities underpin the business strategy.
- Represent Procurement on Executive Boards or forums; and delivers key reports and presentations as required.
- Define and drive the procurement strategy throughout FirstPort by engaging and influencing Exec and senior management within FirstPort; expanding the footprint of procurement into new areas of FirstPort; and working with stakeholders and responding to any issues or suggestions relating to P&SC in a timely manner.
- Create and deliver medium and long term procurement and value for money planning for the direction of travel across the organisation and influence our decision making.
- Champion the development and implementation of category management and excellence in procurement operations within own team; wider FirstPort community; and related external parties resulting in service, cost and value improvement.
- Lead and coach others in the areas of category management, supplier relationship management and procurement policy.
- Act as Procurement subject matter expert within FirstPort and externally as appropriate.
- Proactively identifies and protects against write-offs arising from P&SC activities.
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand and deliver the business' needs.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
- Accountable for delivery of the vision, strategy and objectives for the Procurement & Supply Chain function and communicates them as appropriate.
- Effectively communicates the P&SC strategic direction and cascades into objectives and action plans for direct reports.
- Champions P&SC Ensures such that the contribution, role & activities of the are clearly understood by stakeholders.
- Leads team building and collaboration and consistently demonstrates the required FirstPort leadership attributes.
- Provides leadership