Job Role: Development Manager
Location: Newport, Wales and Neath, Wales
Job Sector: Large & Complex
Hours: 35 hours a week; Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
As the development manager, you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Adopting a proactive and strategic focus, having overall operational accountability for a development, compliance, health safety and wellbeing, service excellence and value for money.
- Ensuring all employees on site provide an efficient, value for money management service to our customers and achieve high standards of performance within a team of individuals to create a welcoming, friendly and courteous environment for our residents.
- Being passionate about delivering consistently high standards of customer service, working within our Four Pillar strategy, ensuring our development is well maintained and demonstrate full compliance with our own policies, procedures and internal performance measures.
This role reports to the regional manager and has a team of up to 10 direct reports and 20 indirect reports.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
- Delivering effective service levels, and acting as the FirstPort representative towards customers, clients and Developers as appropriate, ensuring all areas aspects of the development are fully presentable, serviced and properly maintained. To include building and maintaining working relationships with the committee of any Residents Association / RMC, RTM Co and attending their meetings as appropriate
- Identify and deliver on-going training needs to support the team, utilising appropriate internal and external methods and support as well as conduct frequent reviews with direct reports providing constructive feedback and co