Job Role: Development Manager
Location: Southall, London
Job Sector: Large & Complex
Salary: £40,000 - £48,000
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
As the development manager, you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
Adopting a proactive and strategic focus, having overall operational accountability for a development, compliance, health safety and wellbeing, service excellence and value for money.
Ensuring all employees on site provide an efficient, value for money management service to our customers and achieve high standards of performance within a team of individuals to create a welcoming, friendly and courteous environment for our residents.
Being passionate about delivering consistently high standards of customer service, working within our Four Pillar strategy, ensuring our development is well maintained and demonstrate full compliance with our own policies, procedures and internal performance measures.
This role reports to the regional manager and has a team of up to 10 direct reports and 20 indirect reports.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
You will be a high calibre residential Estate Manager with experience managing a multi-site development complex. You will be an excellent communicator with a proven track record in managing complex stakeholder relationships. Experience with new builds and mobilization is beneficial.
- Delivering effective service levels, and acting as the FirstPort representative towards customers, clients and Developers as appropriate, ensuring all areas aspects of the development are fully presentable, serviced and properly maintained. To include building and maintaining working relationships with the committee of any Residents Association / RMC, RTM Co and attending their meetings as appropriate
- Identify and deliver on-going training needs to support the team, utilising appropriate internal and external methods and support as well as conduct frequent reviews with direct reports providing constructive feedback and coaching, ensuring KPI's and SLA's are met.
- Monitor and manage performance, setting guidelines, managing holiday / sickness absences and organise shift cover, undertaking or organising emergency cover as required.
- Effective cost control and review of expenditure and accounts, including assisting with setting service charges and presenting of accounts together with preparation and presentation of bi-monthly financial summary reports.
- Hold proactive customer / contractors and client meetings, ensuring issues are promptly administered and dealt with within the agreed timeframes.
- Investigating and responding to complaints, up to Stage 1, and collaborating with Regional Manager in Stage 2 complaints responses
- Undertake required risk assessments, health and safety checks and routine testing requirements ensuring concerns are acted upon and completed within the given timeframe.
- Support with the monitoring and supervision of contractors, carrying out works on and around the development. Raising of works orders and ensuring all orders are monitored and delivered within the designated time frame. Ensuring reactive/planned works are conducted to a high quality.
- To ensure all irregular incidents are investigated and reported to the development manager. To provide a response to emergency queries (out of normal office hour