External Job Advert
Job Role: Development Manager
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 per annum plus benefits
Job Sector: Large & Complex
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
As Development Manager you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite residential property manager by:
- Adopting a proactive and strategic focus, having overall operational accountability for a development, compliance, health safety and wellbeing, service excellence and value for money.
- Ensuring all employees on site provide an efficient, value for money management service to our customers and achieve high standards of performance within a team of individuals to create a welcoming, friendly and courteous environment for our residents.
- Being passionate about delivering consistently high standards of customer service, working within our Four Pillar strategy, ensuring our development is well maintained and demonstrate full compliance with our own policies, procedures and internal performance measures.
The Development Manager reports directly into the Regional Manager.
You will be an experienced operational manager who has successfully ran a large and complex estate with multi-facilities. You are an expert in all things health and safety and have implemented new systems and procedures in your last role. As a inspiring people leader you work closely with your team to achieve the best results for your workforce and customers. You will be financially astute and able to set budgets incompliance with lease agreements. It will be beneficial if you have mobilised new developments and have experience in working with property developers.
- Delivering effective service levels, and acting as the FirstPort representative towards customers, clients and Developers as appropriate, ensuring all areas aspects of the development are fully presentable, serviced and properly maintained. To include building and maintaining working relationships with the committee of any Residents Association / RMC, RTM Co and attending their meetings as appropriate
- Identify and deliver on-going training needs to support the team, utilising appropriate internal and external methods and support as well as conduct frequent reviews with direct reports providing constructive feedback and coaching, ensuring KPI’s and SLA’s are met.
- Monitor and manage performance, setting guidelines, managing holiday / sickness absences and organise shift cover, undertaking or organising emergency cover as required.
- Effective cost control and review of expenditure and accounts, including assisting with setting service charges and presenting of accounts together with preparation and presentation of bi-monthly financial summary reports.
- Hold proactive customer / contractors and client meetings, ensuring issues are promptly administered and dealt with within the agreed timeframes.
- Investigating and responding to complaints, up to Stage 1, and collaborating with Regional Manager in Stage 2 complaints responses
- Undertake required risk assessments, health and safety checks and routine testing requirements ensuring concerns are acted upon and completed within the given timeframe.
- Support with the monitoring and supervision of contractors, carrying out works on and around the development. Raising of works orders and ensuring all orders are monitored and delivered within the designated time frame. Ensuring reactive/planned works are conducted to a high quality.
- To ensure all irregular incidents are investigated and reported to the development manager. To provide a response to emergency queries (out of normal office hours) directing colleagues as appropriate including attendance where necessary.
- Carry out regular inspection audits of the site and take/organise remedial action if and when required, ensuring the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard, including the achievement of all KPIs set.
Who are we?
FirstPort is the UK’s leading residential property service provider, caring for 330,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,800 developments. With over four decades of experience and 3,300 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,600 Resident Management Companies.
FirstPort is a member of the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA), the Association of Retirement Housing Managers (ARHM), and Property Managers Association Scotland (PMAS). As well as holding a Five Star Rating from the British Safety Council, it has been awarded the British Safety Council’s prestigious Sword of Honour, is an accredited Safe Agent and belongs to The Property Ombudsman. FirstPort has also been named as one of the UK’s Top Employers by the Top Employers’ Institute for the last five consecutive years.
Why choose us?
By joining us, you will work with industry professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of customer service, as well as ensuring we put our people first.
The benefits of working with us can include free parking, free fruit, discounted gym membership, a true work-life balance and the opportunity of growth and progression. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We’re committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We are an inclusive employer that prides itself in being so diverse.
To start your application for this role we will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions.
Our recruiters will work with our managers to review your CV. If unsuccessful you will be notified. If you meet the criteria for the role, we’ll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager