A vibrant and pro-development London borough council urgently requires a Deputy Team Leader - Development Management.
You will play a pivotal role deputising for the Development Management Area Team Leader as well as having direct line management responsibilities for three to four officers in conjunction with managing a caseload of highly complex medium scale applications.
Key responsibilities include;
- Manage and mentor three to four planning officers
- Allocate caseloads amongst the team
- Sign off delegated reports
- Manage and process a caseload of complex planning applications consisting of residential, mixed use, change of use, community infrastructure, and commercial developments etc.
- Facilitate close liaison with major developers, architects and external consultants through paid pre-application meetings.
- Negotiate complex S106 agreements in conjunction with discharging conditions and finalising reserved matters.
- Draft detailed delegated reports and present at committee
- Conduct member briefings, engage with regeneration teams and consult with local community groups
- Liaise and work closely with external bodies including the GLA and TFL etc.
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Deputy Team Leader, Senior or Principal Planner in Development Management.
Applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning and excellent written and communication skills as well an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues and applications.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263.