Contracts manager, Birmingham, Competitive day rate, Interim.
Your new company
This organisation manages a significant portfolio of grants to promote the economic prosperity of its geographic area.This includes but not restricted to infrastructure improvement schemes, skills programmes, town centre strategic planning and major commercial redevelopment ad regeneration areas.
Your new role
Setting up and managing contract (grant agreements) and establishing simple processes from an award of a grant to the engrossed agreement.
- Managing a portfolio of contracts principally grant agreements with third parties at various stages ensuring they are promptly executed after instruction. This may also include a number of Deed of Variations.
- Providing advice to a managers and senior executives on contract matters
- Negotiating contracts and contract terms with third parties (including developers, local authorities, university and colleges, small organisations and charities)
- Reviewing any existing contract/procurement process and procedures and recommending improvements and efficiencies
- Liaising between senior management, and outside private solicitors and organisation legal teams
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience of contract management. The successful individual will be driven and willing to set up new processes and systems for a small new organisation. In addition you will need;
- Be a team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communicator with strong presentation skills and report writing
- Up to date knowledge of current procurement legislation, and contract best practices
What you'll get in return
Competitive day rate, Paid weekly
Friendly working environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
£280.00 - £300.00 per day
0121 236 6160