Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Salary: TBC – Dependant on experience
Hours of Duty: 09:00am – 6:00pm
Primary Purpose and Scope of the Job:
To take responsibility for operational supervision and delivery of the project.
To take responsibility for the effective, efficient and consistent communication of information and monitoring of budgets and progress in relation to a project.
To take responsibility for the appointments of the professional team and the wider contractors to deliver a successful project.
Responsible to: Harry Ladds, Team Leader
Other working relationships:
MCR Colleagues, Council Officers, Members of the public, Tenants, Professional advisors and Contractors
- To be responsible for project administration and financial supervision, including the management of budgets, correct financial coding, ordering, variations and processing of payments in accordance with MCR policy, procedures and financial regulations.
- To be responsible for the delivery of MCR projects.
- To be responsible for the management and monitoring of Health and Safety for the technical officers ensuring that H&S policy and procedure are being complied with at all times. Taking particular responsibility for management and monitoring of contractors; giving high priority to compliance with building regulations, legislation and directives, CDM, Building and Planning Regulations, associated Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of work.
- To be responsible for performance management by target setting & monitoring to ensure performance. To produce accurate, detailed weekly management reports.
- To be responsible for the effective management and development of staff, including recruitment, deployment, motivation, performance management, training, absence management and discipline.
- Provide reports for a variety of stakeholder audiences and support the Asset Manager at meetings as required.
- To effectively demonstrate service improvements by being proactive with a strong focus on value for money and performance at all times.
- To assist the Asset Manager with procurement activities and the correct implementation of contracts. To prepare contract documentation, analyse bids, evaluate and process variations, prepare, assess and determine any contractual claims and prepare and agree final accounts.
- To have responsibility for the management, monitoring and regular review of resources required for the delivery of projects, ensuring that the appropriate co-operation and prioritisation is made where applicable.
- To assist the Asset Manager, be pro-active and approach work in co-operation with other Managers to identify and develop opportunities for service improvements and business development maximising the use of our investment in technology.
- To take an active role in meetings and contribute to development of the service, taking an holistic approach to service delivery and improvement, working in co-operation with other overall Business.
- To undertake works including but not limited disrepair cases, insurance claims and structural works.
- To assist with the gathering of stock condition information and the maintenance of IT systems. Work closely with members of MCR and to analyse stock information, produce feasibility assessments and cost estimates for future projects in accordance with the Business Plan and Asset Management Strategy.
- Working closely with the Asset Management team you will be responsible for managing the planning and delivery; this will start from inception, feasibility, detailed design to delivery on site and client management.
- To undertake such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- To project manage capital investment programmes.
- To manage allocated budgets and their alignment with MCR Business Plan and Asset Management Plan; including cost forecasts/projections and final figures.
- To Manage Health and Safety compliance, giving specific consideration to CDM, Building and Planning Regulations.
- To proactively manage staff, contractors and consultants in the delivery of projects.
- To demonstrate Value for Money projects and evidence improvements in service delivery.
- To communicate effectively with other departments within MCR.