Job Role: Communications Specialist
Job Sector: Marketing
Hours: 35 per week - Monday to Friday
As the Communications Specialist, you will contribute to our vision to become the UK's favourite property manager by:
• Working with your communications colleagues to run our busy press office, making sure stories are covered by target journalists at an industry, local and national level and that reactive issues are handled efficiently and effectively.
• Collaborating with other teams in our business and our on-site teams to find human interest and community stories relevant to consumer media to bring to life what we do and the positive experience of living in a managed residential development.
• Creating compelling and differentiated thought leadership for key industry, client and investor audiences.
This role reports to the Communications Manager and sits within the FirstPort press office team.
You have experience in PR and external communications, ideally in a services organisation or press office environment and managing reactive communications. You also have managed a team in past roles.
Previous work experience has enabled you to become confident liaising with journalists, pitching stories and handling media enquiries on the phone.
As you are a natural writer and articulate communicator with high levels of attention to detail and thrive in working at pace in a busy and varied environment.
Being comfortable building relationships with colleagues in different departments means you are a proactive self-starter, organised, able to prioritise a busy workload and deadline focused.
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.
• Collaborating with two other communications specialists, your line manager and our PR agency to successfully deliver PR activity reaching both B2C and B2B audiences across trade, local and national publications and media platforms.
• Proactively identifying opportunities and influential content for future features, articles, content and comments to pitch to press and to use in our own content marketing activity ensuring delivered content is effective and reaches a wider network of key audiences.
• Taking a holistic approach to opportunities and stories, identifying suitable opportunities to make greater use of video, photo and infographics to maximise impact.
• Writing articles, press releases and statements for both proactive and reactive PR activity.
• Supporting customer-facing departments with editing and/or drafting sensitive customer communications and Q&As, for instance communications around building and fire safety
• Representing and championing the voice of the customer and/or client when reviewing and editing sensitive communications from other parts of our business.
• Liaising with journalists on the phone and by email, and ensuring ou