Job Role: Building Surveyor
Location: London and South East
Job Sector: Surveying
Hours: 35 hours per week
As the Building Surveyor, you will contribute to our vision of being the UKs favourite property manager by:
- Implementing and improving the portfolio maintenance strategy; health and safety strategy supplier performance management; and overall property maintenance management structure.
- Supporting delivery of value for money and innovation in accordance with maintenance strategy and business plans.
- Delivering pragmatic and high quality solutions to meet the needs of the organisation, delivering value and having commercial influence over FirstPort's third party expenditure.
This role reports to the Building Surveying Manager
Having a number of years experience in building maintenance industry, or a related field means you have substantial technical surveying experience in the Property Management environment with a wide range of building types.
You have comprehensive knowledge of multi disciplined repairs services and sound commercial understanding and use of repairs and planned scheduling systems and an understanding of the H&S issues that impact on work allocation and prioritisation
Being organised and proactive means you can effectively prioritise to meet competing demands and ensure delivery of a repairs service within tight deadlines and can consulting both tenants and customers.
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholder sand over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.
- Surveying properties and preparing specifications of works.
- Preparing documentation in accordance with CDM 2015 and ensuring compliance with the regulations and best practice.
- Ensuring that all major works are carried out in line with Company procedures and legal requirements, including compliance with Section 20 consultation under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985.
- Supervising works to buildings to ensure excellent customer care, exemplary contractor performance, and technically superb completed work.
- Contribute to excellent contractor and consultant performance management; build constructive working relationships with partners to improve customer service, value for money and quality of workmanship.
- Undertaken CPD in accordance with the requirements of your professional body, including receiving and delivering CPD within the surveyors team.
- Identify potential business opportunities outside of FirstPort and assist the Head of Building Surveying in obtaining new business with external clients.
- Link with the FirstPort major works team to ensure good co