Job Role: Building Safety Support Assistant
Job Sector: Building Safety
Hours: 35 hours per week
As the Building Safety Support Assistant, you will contribute to our vision of being the UKs favourite property manager by:
- Support and coordinate supplier/contractor delivery of building safety remediation across a large residential property portfolio working with the Remediations Manager and other internal stakeholders on project planning and key milestone activity.
- Ensuring that compliance and administration requirements are achieved to enable the department to deliver building safety strategies and remediation project work.
- Acting as the conscience of the team, providing guidance and organisational advice to aid smooth resolutions for our portfolio and a seamless EWS1 process for our internal teams on time all the time.
You have a genuine interest and experience in understanding Property Management and Building Safety issues, programs and relevant legislation.
Having the desire to work collaboratively means you can manage projects through to completion with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
As a natural communicator you can articulate building safety messages in a clear, non-mystical way in order to aid and support understanding of responsibilities and requirements within the business.
Being project focused means you can plan work with teams effectively and prioritise activity in line with risk, demonstrate ownership and accountability for the process and are self-motivated to be able to work on your own initiative and make appropriate decisions.
You have excellent IT skills, social-media savvy and up to date with new technology
- Provide a proactive, comprehensive and professional administrative coordination support to Director, Head of Technical and Remediations Manager roles.
- Operate an effective 'follow up' system so actions are chased as required
- Assist with the collation, production and dissemination of regular reporting MI and trend analysis
- Actively contributing on building safety matters in all meetings internally and externally regarding throughout the lifecycle of all EWS1 affected properties.
- Work closely with appointed technical specialists, fellow Building Safety Coordinators and Managers, internal operational teams, and appointed Fire Risk Surveyors.
- Support liaison with the Building Safety Regulator and Fire Services ensuring that all required requests for information and reoccurring reporting is appropriately responded to.
- Identifying and advising continuous process improvements needed to ensure that we increase efficiency and productivity throughout the duration of the project.
- Keep the project plan and key milestones up to date by liaising with key stakeholders and team members ensuring that any missed deadlines or breaches of process/timelines are raised accordingly to ensure the work streams stay on track to deliver.
- Proactively manage a ris