Job Role: Assistant Development Manager (Ref 5781)
Location: London, SW15
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum plus benefits
Job Sector: Large and Complex
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
As Assistant Development Manager you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite residential property manager by:
- Demonstrating FirstPort values in all aspects of your work and communication, to naturally develop strong relationships and enhance work quality.
- Working in close conjunction and cooperation with resident committees or associations and proactively coming up with solutions to any issues that may arise.
- Supporting the development manager to build and maintain a community atmosphere on site.
The Assistant Development Manager reports directly into the Development Manager
You will have experience working in a similar role in a fast paced and demanding environment. You will be highly organised with a good all-round understanding of building maintenance, staff management and health & safety compliance. You will be motivated, driven and a quick thinker who can easily build good relationships with a wide range of people. You will use your expertise to come up with innovative solutions.
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.
- Identify and deliver on-going training needs to support the team, utilising appropriate internal and external methods and support as well as conduct frequent reviews with direct reports providing constructive feedback and coaching, ensuring KPI's and SLA's are met.
- Monitor performance, setting guidelines, managing holiday / sickness absences and organise shift cover, undertaking or organising emergency cover as required.
- Assisting with the drafting, control and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the development.
- In conjunction with the development manager, participating in all customer / contractors and client meetings, ensuring issues are promptly administered and dealt with within the agreed timeframes.
- Effective liaison with customers on a daily basis, attending to any issues and enquires and ensuring matters are resolved.
- Undertake required risk assessments, health and safety checks and routine testing requirement