Senior Policy Planner
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Planning Policy Officer to work for a prestigious Council based in the Midlands.
You will play a vital part in developing and progressing Local Plan documents and dealing with economic surveys in relation to the 5-year housing plan.
In addition, you will be conducting public consultation exercises with several social groups to further develop the neighbourhood plan.
Key duties will include:
- Coordinating extensive consultation exercises to develop the neighbourhood plan
- Assist with the preparation of Local Plan documents
- Engaging with and managing external consultants assigned to the delivery of numerous policy studies
- Produce development briefs
- Review the Neighbourhood plans
- Collate evidence base data to support Local Plan documents
- Conduct Local Plan reviews by evaluating existing policy documents and drafting amendments and updates where necessary.
- Draft Local Plan policy documents and associated DPD's and SPD's
This client has a broad policy programme that will provide you with the opportunity to work across a variety of different thematic policy areas.
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject and have acquired practical experience as a Senior Policy Planner or Policy Officer working on the preparation of Local and neighbourhood plans.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please contact Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261.
Apply for Senior Policy Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly