Building Surveyor Apprentice
Chartered Surveyor Apprenticeship (Building Surveying Pathway)
LocatED is looking to recruit a Building Surveyor Apprentice, who will support us in our mission of the delivery of world-class schools, creating thousands of good school places and great communities for current and future generations.
LocatED is a great place to work, the team is committed to a high performance culture, which is innovative, dynamic, fast-paced and importantly, fun. We value your work life balance and ensure achievement is recognised and rewarded.
The Apprentice Building Surveyor will have the chance to get hands-on experience of a variety of professional property practices while studying for a degree and professional qualification.
Working closely with colleagues in the different property teams within LocatED, you will be actively involved in:
- The assessment of future development sites;
- The project management of mixed-use schemes;
- The delivery of new school places;
- Looking after a large, diverse estate of commercial properties.
You will have 20% off your contracted time to complete your studies, so you will be learning in both the classroom and on the job. This is a great opportunity to kick-start a career in the world of property and construction.
4 years 8 months
This scheme includes a number of placements within different organisations across London.
Essential skills and requirements
- Be eligible of apprenticeship funding
- Have GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics
- Have at least 96 UCAS points
- Have 3 C’s or above at A Level
- Highly numerate
- Excellent written English
- Professional manner
- An interest in property, buildings and development
- A willingness to learn and to take responsibility for continued professional development
- Highly motivated
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Good communicator
In return, we offer:
- A basic salary of up to £25,000
- A permanent contract
- 25 days annual leave
- A matched pension contribution up to 6%
- The opportunity to earn up to 10% of your salary in performance related pay
- The ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities
- Various discounts with popular retailers and restaurants