- Are you an experienced Architect with a passion for landscape architecture?
- Do you have experience in managing master planning & urban design projects?
- Are you looking to join an internationally established company with a prestige reputation?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions than this opportunity is not to be missed! My client is a leading international, multidisciplinary consultant with offices in London and throughout the Gulf States, Middle East and Africa. My client is currently seeking to recruit a highly talented Landscape Architect to work in its London office.
Some of the main duties the successful candidate will undertake as follows:
- Leading and assisting on the design of large scale and high-profile landscape design projects;
- Acting as Project Manager or Group Leader on projects;
- Writing reports and creating presentations, drawings and other deliverables and ensuring that they are submitted on time and to the highest quality;
- Writing and preparing proposals for new projects, evaluating scopes of work and structuring proposals;
- Supervising, managing and mentoring of junior staff;
- Preparing and contributing to Design Stage Reports and other deliverables;
- Working with the Company's other landscape design offices overseas to help carry through designs from concept to detailed design;
- Working collaboratively with internal design departments and external consultants including urban designers, architects, planners, economists, transportation, lighting and infrastructure engineers etc;
- Leading the landscape package of site works, with a fully integrated and dynamic relationship between design and construction activities;
- Liaising with clients, professional staff including sub-contractors and stakeholders;
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings;
- Monitoring of work produced by others within and external to the Landscape Department in the process of preparing reports and documentation for issue;
- Potentially travel overseas on short notice to complete short and long-term assignments of up to 3 months
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- A bachelor's degree in landscape architecture/Design and preferably a postgraduate degree/diploma in Landscape architecture.
- Candidates should preferably be Chartered Members of the Landscape Institute.
- Preferably, at least 10 years of relevant work experience in a multi-disciplinary design environment and in working on large and complex landscape design projects;
- Good concept landscape design skills at all project's scales;
- A sound understanding of detail landscape design and a good technical knowledge;
- Excellent planning and presentation skills, initiative, motivation and team working skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- An excellent knowledge of current urban design and master planning best practices and sustainable development;
- A thorough knowledge of the design and planning process and the role of all necessary disciplines within project team.
- Candidates should be extremely fluent in written and spoken English and have good report writing abilities.
If this role does sound of interest, please contact Jack Moran at or alternatively, for a confidential phone call, call 0207 318 5857
Apply for Landscape Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly