Major Projects Development Manager
To play a key role in the delivery of major projects within the Garden City, with a particular focus on the Central Area around Ebbsfleet International Station. The role will provide development and commercial property expertise in order to drive forward the delivery of this key project; managing teams of external consultants and professional advisors through all the main elements of a development project lifecycle.
The post-holder will report to the Head of Programme Management and Central Area Lead within the Projects Directorate.
- Establishing and managing teams of external consultants and professional advisors including the preparation of tender briefs and managing procurement processes to secure external advisors;
- Providing day to day management and coordination of a number of external consultants across areas such as masterplanning, infrastructure, cost consultancy and commercial advice; throughout the development lifecycle process;
- Playing a key role in the negotiation of land and property interests that will facilitate delivery of major projects within the Garden City;
- Manage any required due diligence processes including preparing briefs for appropriate external advisors;
- Provide commercial property and housing expertise into the formulation of development and disposal strategies;
- Manage developer procurement and selection processes, and oversee and manage ongoing development implementation by third parties;
- Liaise with other team members to prepare infrastructure delivery plans that set out clear objectives, how delivery will be secured and funded, along with associated resource plans;
- Liaise with potential development partners and investors to encourage strong market interest in Ebbsfleet Garden City, and reflect market demand in future development and disposal strategies;
- Work with advisors to develop inward investment and place branding propositions for future development areas;
- Provide advice and prepare reports as required to Directors and Boa
- Manage and report on project level financial budgets, maintaining appropriate records and ensuring full transparency.
The required criteria for this role are as follows:
- RICS qualified or equivalent level of experience.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering major mixed use developments and large scale regeneration, preferably in a public/private sector partnership environment.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary professional teams
- Experience of managing and coordinating developer procurement and selection processes.
- A good understanding of the full development cycle, including master planning & town planning processes.
- A sound understanding of commercial property appraisal techniques and the factors that affect viability.
- A good understanding of inward investment and place branding.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders and partners.
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with the ability to manage own time effectively.
- Experience of working within a team environment.
- Full time, based in Ebbsfleet, North Kent (with occasional travel to London)
- Working week of 37 hours, between Monday to Friday