Development Project Manager
Do you have a track record in commercial development and experience in managing a diverse property portfolio?
Do you want to help shape the future of one of the leading Science and Innovation campuses in the UK?
Here at the UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA), we are the third largest employment site in southern Oxfordshire and home to UK and European fusion energy research and development. We are experiencing rapid growth across the site and are seeking a commercial and experienced property development manager to manage the delivery of financing, leasing and building new premises for the commercial property portfolio.
The UKAEA Property Unit comprises a team of about 30 staff which manages the Culham Science Centre estate, its buildings, services, commercial property and development portfolio.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Work with tenants and investors to establish build requirements such that build costs, rentals, leases, investor and UKAEA needs are brought together.
- Producing business cases / development briefs for presentation to wider organisation
- Acquisition of private sector investment, developers and appropriate tenants
- Full project management lifecycle including budgeting, monitoring, reporting and board meetings
- Client to construction team for the development of new commercial premises to ensure all parties needs are met
- Liaising and co-ordinating with Business Development to ensure property is meeting UKAEA objectives
- Work with stakeholders to support the development and implementation of new property opportunities elsewhere in the UK
- Evaluation of development plans, taking into consideration a range of legal, social, financial and environmental factors
This role will also be involved with asset valuation, planning, support of the UKAEA work at Harwell and other relevant property development activities which UKAEA may engage in elsewhere in the UK.
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading-edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Educated to degree level (preferably graduate level knowledge of surveying)
- RICS Qualified (Chartered Surveyor / Development Surveyor / MRICS)
- Track record of commercial development, property management and lease/finance negotiations
- Extensive experience managing a diverse property portfolio
- A proactive, can-do team player with flexible and adaptable communication style
- Demonstrable understanding of the challenges facing property development in the public sector
- Strategic asset and estate management
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete a Disclosure Scotland as part of their clearance.
- As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work-based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.