Head of Property
Head of property job in Warrington working client side in the Logistics sector £70k + car.
Your new company
You will be joining a leading established logistics company who due to expansion are looking to appoint a head of property to the team based in Warrington. You will manage a team of project and estates staff covering england. This newly-created position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced multi-site asset manager. Reporting to the CEO, you will have a wide spectrum of responsibilities across the group's estate and will be working closely with the group CFO, the Managing Director of the Contract Logistics & Warehousing division. As the Head of Property you will have the opportunity to contribute to the group's continuously evolving property strategy. You will ensure effective management of existing sites and facilities serving the business units, focusing on ensuring compliance with applicable regulations, establishment and management of cost effective planned and remedial maintenance programmes, tight control (and reduction) of outgoings and liaison with landlords' agents as required.
Your new role
The current estate comprises of 42 sites, including 8 million sq. ft. of warehousing across the UK. Your duties will include:
- Full property management of the group's multisite leased property portfolio, including a number of sub-leased properties
- Working closely with external advisers in planning and project management of major new building projects. Managing medium and small projects (for example, office moves or refits.
- In conjunction with external professional advisors, negotiating the best possible terms on new leases, lease renewals, licences for alterations, schedules of condition, dilapidations, , planning permissions,
- Managing the financial budgets in terms of procurement spend against targets and objectives, to drive efficiencies and reduce expenditure where possible by continuously reviewing all variable costs, including business rates, insurance (with Head of Insurance & Risk) , service charges, utilities etc.
- Procuring and managing contractors, building management systems etc
- Management of planned and life-cycle maintenance programmes together with incident related and reactive maintenance delivery, including management of contractors.
- Maintaining a dynamic electronic database for each property, including all relevant legal documentation, administrative records etc, and a secure and easily accessible storage system for original documentation.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be able to play a key role in the senior management team and demonstrate a level of gravitas to engage with board members and senior management with confidence in your ability.
- have good interpersonal skills with a pro-active, flexible and pragmatic approach to work
- demonstrate a proven track record of successfully overseeing properties within a multi-site operation and experience of managing large projects from inception through to completion;
- have strong organisational and management skills;
- be highly trustworthy and demonstrate personal integrity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy at all times;
- Ideally, be a member of RICS
What you'll get in return
You will receive an attractive salary depending on experience £60,000 - £70,000, company car or car allowance, hours of work 8am - 5pm, 5% pension scheme, private health care for you and your spouse, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays which increase to 30 days after 5 years service.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.