Head of Estates
The Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group Ltd. is the fastest growing privately owned and privately funded retailer in the UK with a portfolio which includes The Edinburgh Woollen Mill, Peacocks Stores, Austin Reed, Jane Norman, Jaeger, Country Casuals and Ponden Home.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with drive, energy and tenacity with proven estates experience to lead a team of Estates Managers and to take day-to-day responsibility for the management of the company's existing property portfolio. This role is based at our Head Office in Cardiff.
As the Head of Estates it will be necessary to build strong relationships with key internal customers as well as external consultants with an overall objective of delivering a first class service for the business
- To lead a team of Estates Managers
- Preparation of Board papers to be presented to senior managers and Board Directors
- To co-ordinate key lease events and to allocate appropriately
- To complete from inception to conclusion rent reviews and lease renewals with a view of achieving the best possible commercial terms
- To ensure any disputes between Landlords and Tenants are resolved promptly with the minimum disruption and cost to the business
- To take overall responsibility for securing refunds or overpayments from third parties due to the company and managing sub tenants
- To resolve operational problems for stores quickly and efficiently with the minimum disruption and cost to the business
- To be able to make and implement own decisions, balancing risks against benefits for the Company’s long term financial objectives
- To understand the commercial objectives of the company and to have a flexible approach to the working hours and a willingness to travel the UK
- To take overall responsibility for the management of the property database
- To protecting the business interests
The above is a broad definition of the job responsibilities. It does not take into account every aspect of the job because of areas of flexibility, which you may be required to perform.
- Staff discounts within the Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group (Edinburgh Woollen Mill, Ponden Home, Jane Norman, Peacocks, Austin Reed)
- Pension scheme
- Company Car
We’d love to hear from you!
Please apply by sending your CV, with covering letter to email@example.com telling us why you are the perfect person for this role. Successful candidates will be invited for interview.
For more information on the Group please visit our website at recruitment.ewm.co.uk where you can search and apply for positions and view our Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apply for Head of Estates
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly