Senior Quantity Surveyor
1 day left
- Full Time
Senior Quantity Surveyor
At GECKO Executive Search our mission is simple: To act as a specialist talent partner identifying the very best candidates for the UK’s most exciting companies.
We are working with one of the UK’s largest, independently owned construction, infrastructure and support services companies based in the North West who is growing fast. The way they work is innovative and transformative, the people are passionate and knowledgeable, the culture is warm, friendly and family-driven, and with over 50 years’ experience of the industry our client has an outstanding reputation.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for:
- Setting up Contract Insurances with our insurers.
- Ensuring Contract Guarantee Bonds are provided via Commercial Manager.
- Awarding Sub-Contract agreements with Sub-Contracts.
- Attending, contributing to and minuting Project Team Meetings.
- Attend and contributing to Clients’ site meetings.
- Keeping master files of correspondence on contract.
- Preparing Interim Valuations with Client’s Surveyor and agreeing amounts for payment.
- Paying Sub-Contractors their appropriate monthly payments.
- Re-measuring work using site measurement, measurement from drawings, information from Site Agents/Bonus Department.
- Informing Sub-Contractors of Contract variations.
- Valuing variations.
- Pricing Dayworks.
- Dealing with contractual problems.
- Provision of cost advice to Design Consultants e.g. quotations.
- Reporting to Chief Surveyor on job performance via cost/value comparisons.
- Preparing Cash Flow Forecasts for the Commercial Manager.
- Preparing Surveying Reports for Commercial Manager.
- Pricing insurance claims.
- Agreeing Sub-Contractor Final Accounts.
- Ensuring that retention monies/additional monies are released.
To be considered for the role: Please evidence the following:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Strong quantity Surveying experience within a relevant sector in the Construction industry.
- A member of the RICS.
- CSCS card holder.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Health & Safety knowledge
- Budget Compilation & Management experience
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Experience of chairing meetings
- Strong sales and negotiating skills
Our recruitment consultants are immersed in the world of surveying, facilities management, real estate and built environment on a daily basis, and have a unique and unparalleled knowledge of the industry. This, combined with using the very latest technology, gives us expert insight into the current challenges within the marketplace.
We speak your language, understand your terminology and are familiar with the same recruitment challenges and career opportunities.
Apply for Senior Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly