**Competitive Salary, Matched pension contributions to 6%, Life assurance and 27 days holiday. **
Established in 2013, NHS Property Services is a property owner, service provider and advisor, helping to shape the estate of the NHS for the future. We have one goal: to ensure the NHS makes the right property choices that enable excellent patient care.
Our portfolio is one of the largest in the UK, comprising more than 3,000 properties with 7,000 tenants across England. At a total value of more than £3bn, this represents about 10% of the total NHS estate.
Our properties range from listed buildings through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses.
Your new role
The purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of small maintenance and minor works projects across a defined number of properties within the eight geographic areas of the NHS Property Services (NHSPS) property portfolio. The Minor Works Manager will liaise with the Senior Facilities Services Manager and Principal Construction Manager in the provision of programme planning and delivery. The Minor Works Manager will ensure any related operational policies and procedures are adhered to for the assigned projects. The post-holder is expected to assist in other non-project specific initiatives that are associated with the delivery of the NHSPS Property Programme, as directed by the Senior Facilities Services Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC/HND in Building Management / NEBOSH, IOSH, SMSTS or equivalent related qualification
- Evidence of commitment to professional development
- Knowledge of the construction market
- Knowledge of project and programme management processes and techniques
- Technical knowledge in construction or design
- Understanding of real estate service lines, including asset management, project management and facilities management
- Understanding of real estate support functions, including Sourcing, Finance, HR and Technology
- Fully conversant with all relevant HSEQ requirements and their effective application
- A sound knowledge of the business standards, statutory and regulatory requirements of our industry
- Knowledge of relevant technical guidance in a healthcare environment
Why you should join us
You will have a unique opportunity to work within an organisation that manages an estate of over 3,000 assets and over 6,000 occupiers. Your work with us will be challenging and offer you the ability to be part of the developing strategy to achieve success.
Your performance will drive an improvement in the efficiency of the NHS contributing to the delivery of healthcare premises that meet future needs for patient services.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the urgency to fill this role please submit your cv as soon as possible.