Chartered Surveyor - Property Management/Valuation
Based in Guernsey, Channel Islands, this exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join the Island’s leading firm of Commercial Chartered Surveyors. Due to continuing growth we now require an additional Chartered Surveyor to join our small team and head up the Property Management Department and assist with Valuation work. Ideally you would be a RICS Registered Valuer and have 5 years post qualification experience. In order to succeed in this role you’ll need to be hardworking, highly self-motivated and possess good numerate and written skills.
This role requires you to manage and lead a small team through all aspects of property management. Therefore organisation and the ability to meet deadlines is essential. Your duties will include:
- Overseeing the general management/administration of all properties within Watts & Co’s expanding portfolio
- Taking a real “hands on” proactive role in property management
- Securing new management contracts and development of the Firm’s property management portfolio
- Asset management and co-ordinating refurbishment and general maintenance works
- Client reporting
- Overseeing property inspections and associated reporting
- Overall responsibility for health & safety, legislative compliance and insurance matters
- Addressing landlord and tenant matters including landlord approvals, licences for works, subletting’s and assignments
- Responsibility for the management of the insurance for all the properties within the Firm’s portfolio
- Overseeing the annual Service Charge Budget / Reconciliation process and preparation of reports for tenants and Landlords
In order to succeed in this role you’ll need to be hardworking, highly self-motivated and possess good interpersonal skills.