PQS role for a Northamptonshire based practice - 45-50k + car allowance + package
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Northampton
Company Car/Car Allowance (£470 per month)
Private Healthcare - employee only cover
Healthcare Cash Plan - employee only
Life Assurance - 4 x salary
Pension - access to NEST and SIPP (SIPP - Max ER contributions of 2.5%)
25 days holiday
Season Ticket loan
What they do
They help commercial property owners, investors and occupiers minimise costs, maximise returns and unlock hidden value. We partner an A-Z of household names across every imaginable sector, both public and private.
Reason for the role
Due to increasing workload within the Project and Cost Management Department the need has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the current team. You will be involved in both new and refurbishment projects typically ranging from £500,000 to £30,000,000 in a variety of sectors such as office, residential and industrial.
You will be expected to work independently although supervision is readily available through the senior management team. This is a national role and as such you will be expected to travel to client meetings and undertake site visits periodically, a driving license is therefore required.
You will ideally hold a degree in Quantity Surveying with a minimum of 5 years experience with a recognized PQS firm and looking to develop your career. You should be RICS qualified.
1. Preparing cost plans and order of costs
2. Carrying out tender analysis and preparing tender reports;
3. Preparing interim valuations and financial reports;
4. Agreeing variations and final accounts
5. Attending site and design team meetings.
* Proven experience in cost planning
* Measurement and pricing of variations
* Working knowledge of JCT contracts
* Computer Literacy, specifically in Microsoft Office.
* BIM measurement using Costx would be ideal, but training will be given.
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of client requirements
* Enjoys the clear confidence and respect of clients
* Collects, reviews and acts upon client feedback
* Researches into current and future client requirements
* Demonstrates an awareness of market trends
* Experienced and capable presenter, both of technical and business matters
* Shows highly developed persuasive skills (oral)
* Presents a professional image when dealing with clients and demonstrates self confidence
* Demonstrates ambition and commitment to self development
* Highly organised
* Manages own time and exercises good commercial judgement to maximise fee earning potential
* Team Player
* Seeks to improve personal and team service delivery Analytical Reasoning
* Demonstrates good attention to detail by regularly producing carefully prepared, accurate work
* Uses thorough and effective data gathering techniques in all aspects of the work
* Understands and listens to others' requirements
* Demonstrates co-operation and willingness to work with others
If you feel this is the role for you please click apply OR if you would like a chat about this role or to find out more about the company, then please contact Adam Tarleton at Hays on the number provided.