Property Management Officer
Property Officer - Interim role - Public Sector Organisation in South London -Inside IR35
Your new company
On behalf of a public sector organisation located in South London, Hays Property & Surveying are now looking for a Property Officer, reporting to the Property Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a fully comprehensive supportive housing management service, to tenants in temporary accommodation located across and outside both Councils.
This is an interim rolling opportunity, for initially 3 months, offering a competitive rate (up to £16 p/h via umbrella).
Your new role
In this role, you will be:
* Responsible for a portfolio of temporary accommodation, including casework management of the client and for housing management and repairs, from the point the property is let to vacation.
* Carrying out visits, inspections to the temporary accommodation properties ensuring that relevant health and safety standards are met and maintained.
* Taking prompt action to ensure the efficient use of property, minimising squatting and unauthorised occupation and ensuring the property is being maintained by the tenant.
* Responsible for ensuring all units are available for re-letting in timescales agreed with the Property Manager and responsible for keeping the Temporary Accommodation team and the tenants informed at all times.
* To investigate complaints of anti-social behaviour, noise nuisance, breach of tenancy etc and to take the appropriate action, to attend court where necessary.
* Responsible for reporting and following up on property maintenance issues and be aware of the conditions contained in leasing agreements. To arrange properties for hand back where leases are not renewed.
* Responsible for preparing comprehensive reports of visits and inspections.
* Responsible for providing a rent collection service for a specific portfolio of properties, to minimise arrears and to initiate recovery action against outstanding debt, liaising with colleagues in other sections as necessary.
* Responsible for assisting in the specification of new schemes and bring new schemes and units into management.
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you will need:
* Good knowledge of housing legislation
* Basic knowledge of building maintenance and ability to recognise and identify simple repairs
* Previous and strong experience managing properties: inspections and preparation of technical reports
* Good working knowledge of main IT programs
* Must have your own vehicle and the ability to carry out visits to properties across both boroughs.
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a well established public sector organisation, you'll receive a competitive rate, work from an office located in area with good transportation links, will be often out and about and not just office based.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Property Management Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly