Your new Company
A market leading contractor is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their housing team based in North East London on a temp to perm basis. My client is one of the leading main contractors in the UK priding themselves on being collaborative and forward thinking on all their projects. They are looking for an organised and diligent person with experience in a client facing role.
Your new role as the Quantity Surveyor
You will be joining their housing team to work on the decent homes refurbishment programme project which can include anything from kitchen and bathrooms, boilers, extensions and modular builds up to values of £5 million per annum.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
- Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement policies for risk management
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
- Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
To be successful as the Quantity Surveyor
You will need experience in home refurbishment and have previously managed accounts up to £15 million per annum for local authority and have knowledge of NEC Contracts. You will have had experience with forensic accounting on old files and to settle and close unfinished accounts. The client is a main contractor so previous experience working for a contractor would be advantageous.
What you'll get in return
Working with a top main contractor starting out on a temporary basis at £300/day with the possibility for the opportunity to turn permanent for the right person.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly