Head of Corporate Asset Management
Head of Corporate Asset Management
We are Watford Borough Council, a Local Authority dedicated to making Watford a great place to live and work.
We’re now looking for a Head of Corporate Asset Management to take on a brand new role in our organisation, directly impacting our incredible transformation work within Watford.
- Salary of circa £55,000 - negotiable
- 28 days’ holiday rising with service, in addition to Bank Holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Fantastic discounts including reduced gym membership and retail savings across various well-known brands
- Flexible working options
- Staff and their families have access to free, confidential advice and counselling staff 24/7
- We’ll offer you an interest free loan, so you can buy a season ticket for the bus, train or tube, or if you want to buy a bike
This is an incredible role for a hands-on leader to get involved and be a key part of transformation within Watford Borough Council.
You’ll bring a high level of enthusiasm and drive to our organisation, with a commercial mindset coupled with a determination to achieve real change that positively impacts upon the organisation.
Transformation within our organisation brings modern ideas, opportunities for new thinking and approaches, improved structure, a varied and amazing portfolio including investment, operational and community based assets all culminating in a superb level of challenge.
So, if you are looking for something different, something amazing and something where you can really get involved and make a difference, this is the role for you.
As the Head of Corporate Asset Management, you will be tasked with managing Watford Borough Council’s property portfolio, delivering guidance and direction to the organisation via a corporate landlord approach within a dedicated asset management framework. You will also have overall responsibility for facilities management services across the council’s operational estate.
Additionally, you will undertake business continuity management duties and will have responsibility for emergency planning.
Your role will also involve:
- Developing and implementing asset management plans
- Managing operational assets, property and wider council facilities from a corporate landlord perspective
- Maximising asset and property opportunities across the council’s built environment portfolio
- Directly managing the Town Hall facilities and related operational building occupied by council staff
- Taking charge of Health & Safety at council properties and ensuring compliance with applicable statutory requirements
- Management of a team of 10 staff within the Corporate Asset Management function
- Senior management responsibilities within the council including as a rolling member of the council’s Operational Leadership team
To be considered as the Head of Corporate Asset Management, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering corporate landlord functions across multi-use property portfolios
- Experience of managing assets, property and facilities management services in a large, busy, varied environment, including managing service contracts
- Previous experience of direct line management and of driving a cultural change and changing performance
- A commercial mindset
An appreciation of public sector challenges or experience of working within the public sector would be beneficial to your application. RICS accreditation would also be advantageous, but this is by no means essential.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please get in touch.
Please note; interviews may be held at any point during the advertising period.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Facilities, Property and Asset Management, Head of Property Management, Head of Corporate Landlording, Head of Facilities, Head of Facilities Management, Head of Asset Management, or Head of Estates.
Webrecruit and Watford Borough Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to bring a fresh new approach as our next Head of Corporate Asset Management, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.