Rich Text Editor, inpjobdetails.description, Press ALT 0 for help
One of London's most prestigious London Borough Councils has an urgent requirement for Principal Planner
You will be responsible for the management of a diverse case load of minor, medium and major applications encompassing a variety of uses from residential, commercial, change of use, mixed use and new build flats up to 60 units and community infrastructure etc.
Moreover you will consult with strategic partners such as the GLA, TFL and Historic England etc, as well briefing members.
Key responsibilities include;
- Manage and process a caseload of minor, complex medium and major applications.
- Facilitate close liaison with major developers, architects and external consultants through paid pre-application meetings.
- Experience dealing with master planning work desirable;
- liaise with external strategic stakeholders such as the GLA, TfL, Historic England etc
- Deal with complex viability negotiations for affordable housing required;
- Good overall working relationships with internal teams.
- Good communicator and effective writing skills required;
- Flexible Working available.
The successful candidate will acquired practical experience as a Senior or Principal Planner in Development Management with proven track record processing a mixed caseload of applications that vary in size and complexity.
In addition you will have strong organisational skills detailed legislative knowledge of the UK planning system.
Applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning and excellent written and communication skills as well an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues and applications.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email