Surveyor Training Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Surveyor Training Manager
Position Title: Surveyor Training Manager
Purpose of the job: To facilitate ongoing delivery of new surveyor inductions and carry out training for new surveyors.
Department and Location: Head Office in Chippenham
Reports To: Performance Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities (Outline the main daily duties, tasks and responsibilities of the position):
- Training of all new surveyors and continuing development of the induction week training programme, all on the job and office-based duties which include: a minimum of 6 days training, 4 days in the field making sure to cover MV, HBR and BS as per surveyor qualification; one day in the office making sure all processes and main panel/clients are clear. Particular attention to be given to carrying out inspections and panel requirements for MV’s.
- Train all surveyors on the correct usage of their equipment
- Identify training needs and agree training schedule with Performance Manager.
- Ensure client (Panel and Private) structure is understood and bought into.
- Assure compliance with company process and QA parameters.
- To undertake survey work on an up to 5 points per day basis when not training
- Collaborate with all Head Office teams as needed
- Health and Safety guidance when carrying out inductions
- Covering for annual leave of other technical team members as necessary.
Required knowledge (Indicate what knowledge is required to do the job, e.g. do you require an understanding of a defined system, practice, method or procedure?) and skills (Indicate what skills specific to the job are required, e.g. language fluency, typing skills, etc. or What more general characteristics are required to do the job effectively, e.g., communication skills, writing skills, ability to delegate, motivation etc.):
- Patient and supportive approach
- Good IT skills, especially Microsoft Office
- RICS membership
- Valuation experience, registered valuer
- Familiarity with Quest, Valex, Surventrix (not essential)
- Good level of building pathology knowledge
- Flexibility / adaptability to suit cases and person’s experience
- Telephone skills
- Able to undertake project work – training guides etc as needed
- Numeracy skills – reinstatement calculations etc.
Experience (What experience and/or achievement in a field, profession or specialism is required. E.g. a minimum period of experience in a defined area of work etc.):
- Excellent communication skills using different communication channels.
- Be passionate about training.
- Desire to share knowledge, self-motivated and organised.
- Ideally hold a formal training qualification in the area of expertise.
- Relationship management
- Resource management and delegation.
- Trustworthy and honest.
- Friendly but firm and focused.
- Positive “can-do” attitude at all times.
Mandatory Qualifications (Indicate the professional qualifications and/or specific occupational training needed):
MRICS (or FRICS) for at least 5 years
VRS held for at least 2 years
Degree level academic qualification or equivalent experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply for Surveyor Training Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly