Job Specification for Surveyors
Position Title: Surveyor
Purpose of the job: To carry out surveys and valuations within certain postcode areas for the residential sector.
Department and Location: Head Office in Chippenham
Reports To: Rachel James – Performance Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Valuing properties by applying expert knowledge and awareness of the local property market.
- Taking measurements of houses and flats or other property.
- Valuing sites at all stages of development, from green field to foundations and completed buildings.
- Writing and dictating detailed reports on various properties for Mortgage Valuations, Homebuyers Report and Building Surveys.
- Attend internal events and meetings, contribute, build external relationships and raise external profile.
- Ensure corporate standards and best practice is adhered to at all times.
- Seek to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all legislation affecting the technical aspects of residential valuing and surveying and share knowledge and information where appropriate.
- Ensure company standards and best practice is adhered to at all times.
- Identify and promote opportunities for White Horse Surveyors Ltd when attending sold properties.
- Be proactive in managing client’s needs, ensuring targets, deadlines and service levels are achieved.
- Seek to maintain a high level of professional and technical expertise.
- Undertake administration to ensure the relevant paperwork is kept up to date and current.
- Adhere to company set turn-around times, quality and points target per day.
- Being mindful of Health and Safety considerations.
- To comply with the company’s business requirements by completing up to 6 points per day.
- To sign off all mortgage valuations on the same day.
- The survey is undertaken within the company’s sign-off parameters for other reports.
- To maintain your CPD log in a timely manner.
- To answer all PVQ’s within 24 hours.
- Be able to exercise excellent vision and perception when carrying out valuations.
- Be autonomous and team oriented.
- To be driven, committed and efficient.
- To understand scientific, mathematical and other numeric data.
- To be able to manage time and inspection schedule.
- To be professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- To be highly analytical and perceptive when identifying building defects.
- Must be flexible and attentive to detail and have an extensive technical knowledge.
- To be accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- To be a registered valuer (VRS)
- Demonstrate our culture with the following behaviours: Willingness, Excellence, Creativity, Respect, Enabling others, Active, Team focussed, Encouraging others.
- Ideally 2 years plus experience as practising valuation surveyor or as a building surveyor.
- Be prepared to undertake Homebuyer Reports.
- Accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, minimum of Assoc. level
- Having or available for VRS Registration.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.