Energy and Environment Manager
This incredible opportunity has arisen with one of the most prestigious clients in the UK, based in an iconic heritage building in central London. The client offers an exciting opportunity to join a growing in house PMO working on a reservicing programme.
To provide both strategic direction and leadership for the client's Energy Management Strategy and Environmental agenda, as well as a hands-on operational focus to ensure implementation.
The post-holder will also oversee monitoring of the organisation's energy usage and environmental impact and identify opportunities for continuous improvements to sustainability management.
Responsible for an overall strategy of continuous improvement for Energy and Environmental Management for the organisation; and to create synergy and identify opportunities to leverage the knowledge, personnel and resources of the teams in order to ensure excellence in service provision and value for money
Develop and implement the energy management strategy for utility usage reduction, considering waste, water, electricity and gas.
Take full responsibility for the Household's metering system, look to identify areas of improvement, and develop efficient reporting systems so the data can be used effectively.
Work with the senior team on supply contract procurement, making recommendations where appropriate.
Act as the expert where required in this area, looking to proactively contribute to cost reduction where possible
To be the catalyst for activity and commitment to Energy management. Co-ordinate the development of a sustainable development awareness raising programme to ensure growing understanding of (and action on) relevant key issues
To provide support and advice to the Property Section and other Departments of the organisation in order to reduce the environmental impact of their activities; to include: Energy Efficiency and Utilities, Waste Reduction and Collection, Travel Plans and Sustainable Construction
To develop an environmental management and reporting system for the organisation, including policy, operational procedures and guidance documentation
To undertake analysis and reporting of the organisation's environmental impact
To identify opportunities for continuous environmental improvement and implement programmes to deliver these
To provide advice on environmental legislation and its potential impact on the organisation
Compliance and Risk Management
To ensure that all relevant statutory compliance and legislative requirements are met across all areas of responsibility, and that associated policies and procedures (internal and external) are known and team members are appropriately trained
To ensure (internal and external) surveys, inspections and tests are scheduled and carried out at appropriate intervals across all areas of responsibility
To promote a culture of risk awareness and management and to regularly review compliance and ensure training is kept up to date and relevant.
Financial, Contract and Systems Management
To ensure all financial, tender and contract management procedures comply approved governance processes, and that financial authorisations fall within delegations
To ensure all management systems and records are accurately completed and maintained according to retention schedules
- Chair of Green Champions Network, responsible for coordinating events and communications
- To chair/represent the energy and environment functions at senior level (internal and external) meetings as required
- To liaise closely with customers to ensure the energy and environment strategy meets their needs and expectations and that the highest levels of customer service are delivered
The Suitable Candidate:
- Educated to degree level with professional qualifications in an related discipline; ideally with an additional qualification in energy/environmental matters
- Significant experience in implementing utility cost saving initiatives.
- Experienced in energy management, including sustainability reporting, policy development and programme development
- Experience of energy management across a multi site, multi use facility would be preferred.
- Ideally, some experience of working on historic buildings, or heritage sites.
- Experience of budget and resource management with excellent numeracy skills and an emphasis on value for money
- A strategic thinker able to adopt an organisation perspective. Able to formulate strategy whilst having an active, hands-on role and a focus in practical solutions. Able to see, communicate and persuade others of the bigger picture whilst ensuring delivery against the detail
- Proven ability to quickly build and manage good stakeholder/customer relationships across functional and geographical boundaries. Diplomatic with a collaborative approach and natural interpersonal skills
- A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision making capability. Able to remain level-headed under pressure
- Self managed, pro active and able to set own agenda
- Genuinely passionate about and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of services, with a rigorous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office
Apply for Energy and Environment Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly