Head of Finance, Europe
Head of Finance, Europe
Sector: Investment and Financial
The firm is a small but growing European real estate investment company and is looking for a finance director to join their team which is based in the UK. The role is to run and be part of the operations team covering both the Victory Group and its investment vehicles. This is a diverse role that requires extensive experience in a number of different aspects of operations, primarily on the accounting and reporting side of things.
Core competencies for this role are:
- Significant demonstrable experience in real estate private equity investment and operations, including:
- Managing and delivering audit process for fund and subsidiaries to provide overall consolidated accounts as well as other statutory reporting, for investments cumulatively totalling real estate assets worth more than €1.5bn.
- Fund accounting and reporting.
- Producing overall quarterly reporting for funds (with consolidated accounts) and co-investments/ JVs including NAV calculations.
- Ability to do consolidation and calculation of equity values.
- Liaising with and answering investor questions.
- US tax reporting for investors and liaising with external parties.
- Experience of feeder funds for US investors.
- Reporting to 3rd party lenders (e.g. covenant testing).
- Fund and investment operations.
- Ability to carry out calculation of capital calls and distributions including carried interest calculations.
- Cash management of fund and subsidiaries and management of intercompany relationships in relation to loans, recharges and fees.
- Implementation of internal fund structuring and optimisation – liaising with local back office and local accountants/ legal counsel as well as internally.
- Overseeing corporate and other tax positions for funds and subsidiaries and implementation of any planning.
- Reviewing and implementing transfer pricing studies/ positions.
- Overseeing VAT positions/ reporting for funds and subsidiaries.
- Management of operational cash flows with interaction with asset management team.
- Managing financial due diligence for any corporate acquisitions.
- Managing financial due diligence and Q&A in any sale process and providing closing accounts for such sale.
- Monitoring/ managing of FX positions and interest rate hedging (swaps/ caps).
- Developing budgets and forecasting cashflows as well as actuals for fund and underlying SPVs.
- Property level accounting including experience in service charge reconciliation.
- Demonstrable experience in Western Europe including the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Ireland, Jersey including their respective GAAP accounting standards or IRFS.
- Must have been involved in variety of asset classes including office, retail, logistics and light industrial.
- Experience in implementing various accounting/ management systems (e.g. Yardi).
- Demonstrable experience with interaction and management of internal and external administrative, audit, accounting and tax functions across different jurisdictions (especially those highlighted above but ultimately pan-European). This includes internal back office, fund administrators and local property accountants/ administrators as well as other 3rd party auditors and tax advisors.
- Demonstrable experience of real estate private equity investing and complex fund structures including experience of Luxembourg holding structures and investments in countries listed above but more broadly pan-European.
- Demonstrable experience of managing internal teams, as well as external.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- An entrepreneurial approach with the ability to take initiative and contribute to management decision making.
Qualifications: Qualified accountant with significant experience on the ‘client’ side. Accounting degree or similar numerical degree
Applicants can email a copy of their Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter to: