McAleer & Rushe, established in 1967, is a leading privately-owned Design and Build Construction Company. Working throughout the UK and Ireland, specialising in substantial mixed-use City centre regeneration projects, we have completed over 24,000 hotel rooms, 2.25 million sq ft of offices, 10,000 residential units and are on target to complete 7,500 purpose built student beds by 2018. For more information, please visit www.mcaleer-rushe.co.uk
Due to our continued growth, we currently have a permanent opportunity available for the following:
The activities of the Property arm within McAleer & Rushe deal with the acquisition, design and development of commercial and residential properties throughout Ireland and the UK. As the Development Surveyor, you will work closely with the Development Director on a range of large mixed-use schemes across the UK & Ireland. GDV range typically between £20m and £100m, with a particular emphasis on Purpose Built Student Accommodation, Build to Rent Residential and Hotel Sectors.
Main Responsibilities will include assisting with:
- Site Identification, Acquisition, Assembly;
- Due Diligence on Title, Planning and Scheme Feasibility;
- Planning & Design to include Negotiations with a range of Stakeholders;
- Preparation and Amendment of Development Appraisals;
- Asset Management where required to maximise temporary Income and obtain Vacant Possession;
- Appointment and Coordination of Planning Stage Design Team;
- Instruct and Monitor various Site Investigations;
- Submission of Planning Application including Pre-App Meetings and Public Consultations;
- Appointment and Coordination of Agents, typically to secure Forward Funding Partners;
- Negotiating and Documenting Terms with Occupiers, Operators and / or Investors;
- Preparation of Construction Appointments and Contracts in Coordination with Stakeholders;
- Monitoring Delivery Team including Contractor and Employers Agents;
- Presentation to Board at regular intervals.
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND Estate Management or other relevant discipline preferred;
- A minimum of 2 year’s relevant experience;
- Highly motivated and driven with ability to work individually or part of a team;
- High standard of interpersonal skills with clear and concise verbal and written communication;
- Ability to work to deadlines individually and as part of a team demonstrating commitment, hard-work, enthusiasm and flexibility; and
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Development Appraisals.
- Based at our Belfast Office and / or Belfast Office Head Office in Cookstown, Co. Tyrone, the successful candidate will be required to travel from time to time to locations across the UK and Ireland
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Monique.Croucher@mcaleer-rushe.co.uk or call 028867 63741 to discuss in confidence.
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.