Senior Property Manager
The management activity will include lease transactions to convert occupiers to a formal contract, actively managing head lease events, actively managing sub lease events, reviewing and approving Landlord accounts payable, reviewing and approving occupier invoices, taking responsibility for asset management data for the buildings in your portfolio, and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to strive towards managing an efficient and cost-effective portfolio.
▪ Providing ongoing advice in relation to the occupancy of the estate, advising tenants as to the various responsibilities, obligations and covenants in accordance with their leases or policies if the occupier is undocumented
▪ Liaising with external consultants and landlords to achieve best outcome on operational lease issues
▪ Reviewing business rates invoices and liaising with external business rate consultant to achieve maximum savings.
▪ Leading dilapidation negotiations working with external surveyors where appropriate to minimize outgoings.
▪ Undertaking property surveys and confirming tenant occupancy.
▪ Reviewing, managing and if required challenging service charge invoices, part of the £30m per annum portfolio from 700 landlords where the company acts as tenant.
▪ Supporting the development of key policies and operating processes.
▪ Liaising with tenants to engender the working of the landlord and tenant relationship.
▪ Assisting the FM team with the management of the Income and Expenditure for their properties. A dashboard will be made available to review monthly performance and the SPM should be able to understand the reasons for movement and forecast future trends.
▪ Developing annual budgets for the properties under the SPM's management and supporting the invoicing activity to generate timely and accurate billing.
▪ Reviewing Landlord's invoices for rent and service charges and processing as required to ensure timely and accurate payment.
▪ Reviewing costs to support the wider business activities on strategy and cost reduction initiatives.
▪ Generally having a good understanding of the financial management of the properties and being able to justify cost and any past or future movement.
▪ Negotiating with Landlords in respect of new head leases.
▪ Working with the leasing team to put in place strategies for head lease renewals, sub lease renewals and new leases. Instructing external agents as appropriate.
▪ Preparation of heads of terms to instruct in house and external solicitors.
▪ Managing, in conjunction with the wider Asset Management team, asset management, acquisitions, development activities within the London zone. Assisting the Asset Management team with lease re-engineering initiatives.
▪ Appointing external agents to reduce vacant space within the portfolio.
▪ Working with the internal Leasing team to regularize the undocumented tenants.
▪ Ensuring all asset management data stored on Horizon is complete and accurate working closely with the Data Support Manager.
▪ Using Horizon, NAV, CoStar, Aconex and other systems available to actively manage data.
▪ Reviewing data to identify any sources of data inaccuracies.
▪ Generally, to be a good data steward and embrace a data-driven culture identifying errors and rectifying.
▪ Acting as Account Manager (if required) being responsible for the management of the relationship with key stakeholders. As an account manager it is your role to understand the needs of the customers allocated to you, for management, and plan how to meet their needs.
* Chartered surveyor with a RICS accredited degree and a minimum of 5 years industry experience in a senior surveyor role.
* Asset management experience
* Experience of formulating strategies
* Good Landlord and tenant knowledge
* Highly customer focused
* Data and process driven
* Strong influencing and negotiation skills and a commercial outlook
* Good written, presentational and excel skills
* Solution focused with a 'can do' attitude
* Personable and a strong team player
* Tenacious with good attention to detail
* Willingness to take responsibility
Apply for Senior Property Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly